Registration Transfer

Hello,
I transferred my domain name registration from register.com to Dreamhost…it has been 4 days and I still get an error screen when I type in my domain www.mydomain.com. Is there something additional I need to do at Dreamhost with the DNS? Register.com sent me info saying they were transferring the registration? Should I just be patient?
Thanks for your help.
Dave

Did you make sure that you unlocked your domain over at registrar.com? A registrar transfer can’t be initiated unless you have done that, so there is nothing that Dreamhost can do.

Most probably, you would have received an email from registrar.com informing you of the attempt to transfer and trying to pursuade you not to change registrars if that transfer even was acknowledged.

Go to registrar.com, login to your account, unlock the domain, then try transferring again.

Oh, and if you haven’t heard from Dreamhost, don’t feel bad. Since they did that panel upgrade, I haven’t had one response to my support requests. I think the system has a few glitches and bugs. :wink:

zentao web design, graphic art and design at www.zentao.com

zentao7, Gallery of Artists and Speculative Novel Writers Groups