Had (1) created an FTP user, a main domain (abeille-cyclotourisme.fr), a webdav subdirectory (/public) under a different account name, a subdomain (public.abeille-cyclotourisme.fr), a webdav subdirectory under a different account name
(2) accessed all of that via FTP. in view of authorizations, FTP did not permit uploads and only permitted download to a “public” directory
At that moment, FTP worked just fine (except access limitations, which were normal)
(3) accessed through webdav to the subdirectories, which worked just fine
Then, FTP access became weird and unfixable. Access through the directory was possible going away from root, but coming back towards root was impossible: the navigation tool of my FTP client (Transmit) was deactivated
(4) gradually destroyed all files (no problem, all this was experimental) and nested folders and deleted the subdomain, simply leaving the main domain naked
Still, FTP would not work properly as described above
(5) Last, deleted the main domain (abeille-cyclotourisme.fr)
After 15 minutes, re-created it under SFTP as suggested above
Now, my FTP client works but the web-based FTP client of Dreamhost does not work
Q: Is this normal ?
I intend (1) not to create any webdav subdirectory on the main domain this time
(2) to create a subdomain named “idisk.abeille-cyclotourisme.fr”
(3) in this subdomain, to create two webdav folders, to the main user this time, one with password access (“site”) and one without password access (“public”)
Q: Is this all right this time, so far ?
Q: Do I NEED to use SFTP instead of FTP (FTP IS much simpler, as I can see)?
Q: Can I create a “Public” folder accessible without password with add and delete permissions ?