Register a domain with DH

Is it a good idea to register a domain with DH if you don’t have an account here?
If you register a domain here without an account you can’t edit anything, so I think it’s useless, at least if you don’t use some external site. Am I right?

Cupons:[color=#0000CC]MAO_HALFPRICE[/color] : pay only half of the price (L1 plans only) MAO97 get 97$ back

I would advise you to register a domain at a proper registrar :slight_smile:

too late for this year :slight_smile:
anyway I can use it, so no problem. The think I liked here is that they are anonymous and cheap at the same time.9.90 for an anonymous .com is good (IMHO)

Cupons:[color=#0000CC]MAO_HALFPRICE[/color] : pay only half of the price (L1 plans only) MAO97 get 97$ back

I don’t know if I’d call them ‘useless’, as you can configure the DNS servers to point to another host’s name servers and host the domain there.

I do agree that it would be nice if domains registered under accounts without a hosting plan did have full DNS hosting/configuration, but DreamHost, for whatever reasons, has decided not to do this.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost plans using [color=#CC0000]PRICESLASH[/color] promo code (Click for DreamHost promo code details)

I should probably try harder then, because I haven’t found that option.

You mean the option to set the name servers?

If so, it’s actually easy to miss, go to Domains -> Registrations, tick the Modify Whois? checkbox for the relevant domain, then click the Modify Whois for selected button. On the resulting page you will find the Set DNS info to host your domain elsewhere section.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost plans using [color=#CC0000]PRICESLASH[/color] promo code (Click for DreamHost promo code details)

Thanks, I will try as soon as I have my friend’s login. I can test this now because I have a full account :slight_smile: