Regarding my free domain

When I signed up, I was promised a free .com domain. Well after signing up for 1 year of hosting (which includes my free domain), in my control panel under manage domains, I see the domain I registered, but under Registration it says ‘Unknown’.

Why isn’t it registered?

The “Unknown” status just means it doesn’t know when its going to expire. I think the panel may or may not be lagged on that. It may be of your best interest to file a support ticket to inquiry about getting the expirary date listed. Rest assured, as long as your domain is accessable via web browser (chances are, you can, else you have a bigger issue all together), it is registered correctly. You can always check for registration status by going http://www.whois.sc/yourdomain.com

Cheers,
Andy Huang
Wii Gaming Talk - Nintendo Wii gaming discussion board.

I can’t access it via browser, and I doubt it’s registered because it still says my domain is available under whois.

If all else fails all pay $10 for the domain (even though I was promised a free one).

Meh

You sohuld contact support, I’m sure they can clear this up for you.

–Matttail
art.googlies.net - personal website

Contact support via the built in tickets system in panel, they’ll clear it up for you asap :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Andy Huang

Depending on how new your site is, you just need to give it some time.

I’ve recently got my own site with DreamHost, and it took about a day for everything that should be displayed to be displayed, to begin with it didn’t look like I had a site! I checked whois.net constantly, my domain was available and like you I was prepared to pay for registration.

Just wait for a little while and see if it all falls into place.

Rule of thumb, ask before paying :wink:

I think I might be billed by registerfly for a transfer that I never carried through… all that money for nothing just because I didn’t ask :stuck_out_tongue:

Cheers,
Andy Huang