Refund // & testimony

Hello,

If I bought “Crazy Domain Insane!” for 2 years, and after e.g 1 year, DreamHost ends and won’t come back, would they refund me a money?

PS: And this refund (as an example on top or as this before-97 days) is just only for credit card? I haven’t got a credit card, just a normal card (with a plane face).

Full refund can be made only for the first 97 days,
after that, you get a refund for the remaining time (minus domain name if you used it).

For credit card : it’s usually a general term to designate payment cards.

You can get a refund if you use a debit card too (anyway, it’s google checkout who will manage this).

Get [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] Off with promo code :[color=#CC0000]97USA[/color] :cool: -->choose your plan (promo code included)

Thanks.

And I’ve got another question too, not really connected with refunds. Is there any testimony (or evidence. My english isn’t excellent ;>) for payments on Dreamhost? (that I’d can bring back to it in future)

Even in the first 97 days, I don’t think you’ll get the full amount back if you use the free domain – that’s $9.95. But you could still point the nameservers to your new host, or even transfer the registration to another registrar (after 60 days).

I’m not really sure what you’re asking about the testimony part, since you’re referring to payments.

If you mean is there a fraud risk with your credit card, then no, they are a very legit company.

Dreamhost is one of the biggest hosts out there, with thousands of customers. Most of them are very happy to be here and many of us have been here for several years.

When something goes wrong, the complainers are everywhere, but that’s true with all hosts. The noise just seems louder with DH because they have way more customers than most of their competitors.

:stuck_out_tongue: Save up to $96 at Dreamhost with ALMOST97 promo code (I get $1).
Or save $97 with THEFULL97.

As said above, dreamhost is a legit company.

But if you use google checkout, it’s google who manage your credit card info.

By evidence do you mean getting a proof of payment ?

You will receive an electronic invoice anyway.

Get [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] Off with promo code :[color=#CC0000]97USA[/color] :cool: -->choose your plan (promo code included)

Yeah, I understand that. But I don’t know how to convince my parents, they’re not sure about DH - and they don’t know anything about it…

edit:
"You will receive an electronic invoice anyway."
That’s what I mean :slight_smile: Now let’s argue with them!
Thanks again.

(

Nope, polish.

I edited my previous post,
""You will receive an electronic invoice anyway.“
That’s what I mean :slight_smile: Now let’s argue with them!
Thanks again.”

OK, so you can pay them :
http://checkout.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=48115

Also, they are 18th biggest hosting company in the world :
http://checkout.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=48115
(or 14th in USA).

So they have a little reputation now :wink:

It’s probably important to remember that just about everyone in this forum is a customer of dreamhost not dreamhost staff.

So, it sounds like we’ve had some customers speaking on behalf of dreamhost. I recommend that you actually contact dreamhost support before relying on a refund based on a commitment from a DH customer. (Unless he’s willing to pay you out of his pocket.)

Wholly - Use promo code WhollyMindless for full 97$ credit. Let me know if you want something else!

I remember about that :slight_smile:

I decided yesterday to order hosting od DH. And everything is ok. I paid through Google Checkout (so refund is guaranted) and checked lots of other things that I wasn’t sure about.
Really happy with dreamhost :slight_smile:
Thanks again

It really is a different experience here. Unlike being hand-held and force fed “standard apps” like at other hosting companies, DH is almost scarily open (as long as you don’t have persistent apps that use a lot of memory)

Wholly - Use promo code WhollyMindless for full 97$ credit. Let me know if you want something else!