Refund question

Ok, this is NOT another bitch and moan post. :slight_smile:

I signed up late last night without fully investigating, I thought the plan I got had something that it didn’t, and need to cancel. Does anyone know if the refund is automatic, or do I need to do something before cancelling to ensure that happens?

To reiterate, DH did NOT screw me over, misrepresent, give me crappy service, yadda yadda, nor am I all that interested if they did do that to you (I read the boards before posting)… I am only curious about the refund procedure, thanks. :slight_smile:

I know it says it’s automatic in the wiki, BUT since that’s user edited, no clue on how binding that is. The regular features page says

but offers no info on how that contact should be done, or whether it needs to be before the account cancellation (that should be clarified on that page, if any employees read this, btw).

-Michael

You didn’t pay with PayPal, did you? I don’t think the refund applies to paypal accounts.

Cancelling the account would be done through the panel. Billing -> Manage Account -> [close this account]

I’d guess that the refund is automatic if you qualify for it, but you could ask support to be sure.

Edited to add: It looks like that link takes you to a page where the next step closes your account, then the button you click says it continues to account settlement – maybe settlement = refund?

:stuck_out_tongue: Save up to $96 at Dreamhost with 96DOLLARSOFF promo code (I get $1).
Or save $97 with TAKESEILERSCASH.

[quote]You didn’t pay with PayPal, did you? I don’t think the refund applies to paypal accounts.
[/quote]

Nope, with cc. Seems to be fully eligible with the req for a refund (used my own domain name, paid with cc, shared hosting), the only thing that got me is the “contact us for a refund” part, wasn’t sure whether or not that meant “no refund UNLESS you contact us first”. Just trying to be careful. :slight_smile:

I did email sales after I posted, just thought the boards might be faster.

-Michael

Maybe someone here will have more info–but I’d imagine most of us haven’t cancelled, and the ones that have, probably don’t read the forums anymore.

Just curious – what did you need that your plan didn’t include?

If it’s not Windows-specific, just about anything that could work in a shared hosting account could be installed here.

If it’s something that’s too heavy on the resources, or violates the TOS (Torrent, IRC, etc…), it will probably be a problem with most other hosts as well.

If you meant VPN or something that the bigger plans have, you can upgrade through the panel without cancelling first.

:stuck_out_tongue: Save up to $96 at Dreamhost with 96DOLLARSOFF promo code (I get $1).
Or save $97 with TAKESEILERSCASH.

wildcard dns. I mean, I know they offer it in special circumstances, but I thought it was something that was automatic (bad info I read in a forum). Plus, I didn’t realize the way the bandwidth was incremental. With the site I plan to set up the Gbot traffic alone might spike at some point.

-Michael

Ok, just to update, they did inform me that they could do what I needed, I explained what it was that I was doing in general/server load/expected traffic terms, and they told me that as long as I’m not a crappy coder (my words, not theirs :stuck_out_tongue: ) that everything should be fine. So, I decided to give it a shot, we’ll see what happens.

Thanks for your time. :slight_smile:

-Michael

That sounds encouraging… just make sure that you “keep trck of time” as you approach th end of the first 90 days - if things just don’t work out, you will still have the refund available for “97 days”. :wink:
–rlparker