Refresh WP templates?

apps

Heya,

Somehow I have managed to bork up some of my WordPress template files.

Is there any way to refresh them without doing a new One-Click install?

You can always track down the original template on the web, download it, and re-install it manually (the same way you would install a template that was not in the “one-click” bundle).
You might also investigate the .snapshot directories to see if an “unborked” copy of your template is available there. :wink:

This would put your template back into the “original” state, and not effect your “one-click” at all.

In the future, you might find that copying the template and working with a copy can be a lifesaver (just rename the original template directory something like “orig_templatename”); then. if you screw it up, you can just delete the borked one and rename the original to it’s original name.

–rlparker

Thanks, I’ll give that a try. I’ve been looking for a copy of the default WP theme but can’t find it anywhere (??).

The possible corruption might have come from a plugin that I installed, not the actual editing of the file itself. Editing a ‘live’ file is a bad, bad idea.

If its just the default one you want just download wordpress from wordpress.org and it will be included with that.

If its one of the ones installed via one-click in addition to the default you could always install it to another folder, get the theme and remove it.

[color=#CC0000]USEITORLOSEIT[/color] for $50 discount. Click for more codes with added extras.