Referers?

How do I tell where my website’s hits/visitors are coming from? I don’t see addresses on the web stats page.

I did turn on the referer report in the panel. It seems like the referers listed on my stats page are just the sites I link to from my site. I want to find out where the people coming to my site are coming from. Am I missing something?

I agree with you, but I am linking to things like news articles on CNN, etc. In which case they wouldn’t be linking back to me.

Is there any chance you are using Movable Type? I think it may be a side effect of the TrackBack ping. I see the same thing for certain links that I include in posts to my Movable Type blog. I don’t fully understand why it happens, though.

Yes, I am using Movable Type. I am not using any of the TrackBack capabilities though. Do you think it would still effect my referers?

I’m afraid I don’t know. I’ve just noticed that when I publish MT entries with external links, that in many cases I see those links appear in the Referers section of my site reports. I’ve also been curious about the cause, but have not had time to sort it out.

That seems to be exactly what is happening to me. Please let me know if you ever find a solution. Thanks!