Reducing memory Usage

Hi guys,

i’m currently running mybb on Dreamhost PS. i run a fairly busy forum that uses about 12.710 MCn (around 0.5 mcn a day) a month. MY sql usage is minimal but my Web memory usage seems to be very high…

is there any way of streamlining my services? i quite often gett error 500 messages due to lack of memory on the server and rather than incurr extra cost, i’d like to see if theres anyway that i can reduce these messages.

i’m fairly experienced in running servers but i dont know the ins and outs of the Dreamhost PS yet…

can i modify my http.conf? or my own php.ini to use less memory on here? or am i destined to pay out more for a safer service…

web PS is currently set to 227mb mem and 227mhz cpu.

perhaps i should move back to shared webhosting and just use the dedicated mysql…

many thanks in advance…

You could try implementing fcgi (if it isn’t already).

Maximum Cash Discount on any plan with MAXCASH

How To Install PHP.INI / ionCube on DreamHost

Wow, that was so easy and has made such a difference. the response times are so much better. i’ve implemented it accross most of my sites.

My personal gallery (running gallery2) used to be so sluggish, now it comes up in a flash…

many thanks for the tip. when i first read about FCGi i though i had to re write the code for my sites which put me off, that was so much easier.

Thanks mate!

No worries :wink:

Maximum Cash Discount on any plan with MAXCASH

How To Install PHP.INI / ionCube on DreamHost