Redirecting sub-domains and mails to main domain

Hello DreamHosters

I currently have 5 domains, all 5 have the same domain name, but with different TLD’s.

My .com domain is my main domain where i have set my other 4 domains to redirect to, so i.e. mydomain.net redirects to mydomain.com.

That’s works perfectly as intended, however, when i start to add sub-domains like webmail.mydomain.net, i wan’t it to also redirect to webmail.mydomain.com but it doesn’t do that.

Not that it really makes much of a difference when it comes to the webmail system, as i have set all my other domains to mirror the .com’s e-mail addresses, but webmail.mydomain.net for instance, also shows .net after the domain name on the SquirrelMail Login so some people would get confused to think that they are about to login with name@mydomain.net instead of name@mydomain.com which is their actual e-mail address even if they login through webmail.mydomain.net

My second problem is that i’d like the mail system to behave the exact opposite the other way around, so incoming mails to name@mydomain.net would get redirected to name@mydomain.com

Is this in any way possible to do in the DH Panel?

• FleX

When you add the sub.domain are you hosting it as a Redirect ? http://i39.tinypic.com/347jksi.png

I formulated myself wrong i think, i mean’t “when i start to add sub-names to the URL”.

But regarding the webmail sub-name it told me it was reserved last i tried to add it as a sub-domain, but i suppose that was becuase i had my other domains set to Fully Hosted instead of redirecting to mydomain.com

Anyway, now i have added webmail.mydomain.tld as redirects and hopefully that will work :slight_smile:

So here’s my current structure:
[list]
[]mydomain.com (Fully Hosted)
[list]
[
]webmail.mydomain.com (Hosting Mail Addresses)
[/list]
[]mydomain.dk (Redirects to mydomain.com)
[list]
[
]webmail.mydomain.dk (Redirects to webmail.mydomain.com)
[/list]
[]mydomain.net (Redirects to mydomain.com)
[list]
[
]webmail.mydomain.net (Redirects to webmail.mydomain.com)
[/list]
[]mydomain.info (Redirects to mydomain.com)
[list]
[
]webmail.mydomain.info (Redirects to webmail.mydomain.com)
[/list]
[]mydomain.org (Redirects to mydomain.com)
[list]
[
]webmail.mydomain.org (Redirects to webmail.mydomain.com)
[/list]
[/list]