Redirecting problems

Hi all

I know this should be really simple, but some how I’m having trouble figuring it out.

I’ve got www.raudhausar.com and I want the blog at www.raudhausar.com/forsida/index.php to be the front page. So when people put www.raudhausar.com in the url window of their browser the /forsida/index.php pops up as the front page. I know there is some easy php- or html-code for this, but I can’t seem to find it.

Help, please?

There are several ways to accomplish this, and each has its advantages and disadvantages:

1. You could leave your site set-up as it is, and include a “meta refresh” in your page header (with a low time to refresh) - though Google does not particularly like this approach.

2. In the Control Panel (go here, and click the “Edit” link under the “Web Hosting” column for the domain in question), you could change the directory that your domain points to from /home/user/raudhausar.com to /home/user/raudhausar.com/forsida - depending upopn what blog you are using you may need to tweak some configuration settings for base bath and/or urls.

3. You could simply re-install the blog in the “base” directory - which is the approach I would take. :wink:

Good luck!

–rlparker

Or you could just redirect using .htaccess:
redirect 301 /index.php http://www.raudhausar.com/forsida/index.php

emufarmers.com
Very little to do with either emus or farmers!

ep. That too! :slight_smile: I had a brain fart there and forgot that one, thanks for adding it!.

–rlparker

Thanks guys for such quick responses!

I ended up finding that only this was enough so I thought I might share it with you:

Not really complicated, right? :slight_smile: