Redirecting a second domain to a Dreamhost site

Greetings,

Does someone know how do I point a non-Dreamhost-registered domain name to a Dreamhost-based website?

I just checked the registrar’s panel and found that I need to inform the new-site name servers. That, in Dreamhost’s case, would be nsX.dreamhost.com, X in (1,2,3).

If I just edit these fields on the registrar’s panel, will the redirect work? Such domain name is today pointing to a Wordpress.com blog and I remember that they had to fix something out in order to work. Do I have to ask Dreamhost to fix something (eg. allow the redirection) to get the thing done?

Thanks for any help!

Robinson

More info would help. It sounds like you have:
nondh.com which bounces you over to blog.wp.com
dh.com which is already set up and doing something

And you want:
nondh.com to bounce you over to dh.com

Regardless, it sounds like the first thing you need to do is go to the registrar where you created nondh.com and set its name servers to ns1.dreamhost.com, etc.

Next step would be go go the panel for Domains -> Manage Domains and proceed from there, depending on what you want your final configuration to be.

-Scott

That is exactly what I need to do, sdayman…

The problem is that I don’t know where to look at Manage Domains panel…

tks

In the Panel for Domains -> Manage Domains, there’s a text link near the top that says Add New Domain/Sub-Domain. From there, either create a Redirect, a Mirror, or even a Fully Hosted Domain.

Redirect will bounce you to your desired domain. Mirror will display the desired domain, but fully respond to that other domain URL.

-Scott

Now it worked. I chose Redirect. Thanks!