Recurring billing

My brother has an account on dreamhost, as much as I’d like to start a new one, I don’t due to we use it for storing alot of junk of ours, that brings me to the question.

My brother can’t pay for it anymore but I can with my credit card, I don’t think he ever used a promotion code to get a discount, or pay the setup fee, if I added my cc to the account is their a way to apply a discount code to it to keep it alive?

discount code can be used only on account creation, on the first hosting.

However i don’t think they link a CC to a given account.

Get [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] Off with promo code :[color=#6600CC]97USD[/color] :cool: use “moua” as referrer

If it’s not your account, and you don’t need to keep the same domain, it would seem worth it to take advantage of the ongoing “Sale!” with a new account of your own. Only available another day, according to today’s blurb.

From the homepage popup:

[quote]
The Fine Print:

• This offer is for new customers only - those who do not have an active account with DreamHost.
  • If you sign up and forget to use the “9999” promotional code, you WILL NOT receive the sale pricing. No amount of complaining will change this!
  • Domains and accounts may not be transferred from an existing DreamHost Web Hosting account to a “9999” hosting plan.
  • We reserve the right to deny this sale pricing to anyone at our discretion.
  • This offer only applicable to one and two-year prepaid accounts. Monthly accounts are not eligible.
  • This sale will remain in effect until 11:59 AM PDT, December 6th, 2006.
  • At the end of 12 or 24 months (depending on your pre-pay length), your account will be automatically renewed at the current (non-discounted) rate. If you do not wish to incur extra charges, be sure to specify an end-date on your account control panel before your renewal occurs.

No referral credit will be provided to referers of customers who sign up for this promotional sale.[/quote]

They hired more support help.
Tip me (and DreamHost gets 5%+$0.30) Cut the code: [color=#00CC00]9999[/color]=$99.99 Off

If you do decide to open a new account, there are ways to transfer your ‘junk’ directly between accounts without downloading and uploading it again. One option would be to ‘zip’ the contents of the old site, make the zip file web accessable and use WGET to transfer the file, before unzipping it under the new account.

If the credit-card has not been used before with DreamHost, it may be better just to sign-up for a new account using a promo-code.

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost hosting using promo code [color=#CC0000]SAVEMONEY[/color] ( Click for promo code details )