Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual alias table

Sorry if I get some of the terminology wrong in trying to explain the problem I’m having. I have an email address that I registered at EvilEmail back in 2000. Since 2007, I’ve accessed that account via Gmail. It is now part of a Google Apps account managed by evilemail.com. The login is chrono@evilemail.com but I have been using the alternate email address chrono@seanbaby.com.

As of mid-October, when I try to send an email to chrono@seanbaby.com from another Gmail address, I get the following response:

[quote]From: Mail Delivery Subsystem mailer-daemon@googlemail.com
Subject: Delivery Status Notification (Failure)

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

chrono@seanbaby.com

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain seanbaby.com by mx2.sub4.homie.mail.dreamhost.com. [208.97.132.227].

The error that the other server returned was:
550 5.1.1 chrono@seanbaby.com: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual alias table[/quote]

I am not sure whether I need to get in contact with someone from evilemail.com (doesn’t exist), seanbaby.com (haven’t received a response), DreamHost, or Google to correct the virtual alias table since I am not really sure what it is or who is responsible for administering it.

Any help would be appreciated.

That message indicates that DreamHost’s mail servers, on behalf of the domain seanbaby.com, rejected the message because they didn’t know who “chrono” is supposed to be. Is that domain on your DreamHost account, or someone else’s?

Someone else. I don’t have a DreamHost account.

try this: /usr/local/psa/bin/domain -u example.com -mail_service false

Or remove last bit from main.cf file

my hostname = your domain