Recipe manager

apps

I’m looking for a web based recipe manager. The one I had been using broke when I upgraded to PHP 5.3 here on DH, and the maker of the program seems to have abandoned the project
http://phprecipebook.sourceforge.net/index.php

I’d be willing to pay for a program. I don’t want to subscribe to some 3rd party site as sites come and go. I want a longer term solution to storing and using recipes for my wife. Preferably one that has a touch/mobile interface as she uses a Nexus 10 in the kitchen.

I’ve been looking around and can’t find much in the way of properly maintained projects.

Thanks

Jason

Pretty much any content management system could accomplish what I saw on sourceforge. Its just a matter of finding a decent module. Drupal has a few different modules that would be suitable. DreamHost offers a one-click install of WordPress though so that will probably be easier for you. There are plug-ins available for the same sort of thing.

Something like wordpress wouldn’t fit everything I’m looking for. While I can use WP to add recipes, it won’t sort out things like ingredients for making a shopping list. Say I choose to fix these three meals this week and then I ask it to build a shopping list. WP, to my knowledge, won’t do that like the previous site I was using did.

I’m going to just try creating a new subdomain and have it be hosted with PHP 5.2

Jason

Which parts broke? Did it spit out any errors that might be helpful?