Reasonable support response time?

I lost some data from my database (totally my fault) and submitted a call back support request through the web panel over two days ago, to see if my database could be restored from a backup. When over a day went by with no call back, I submitted a second support request as a normal message instead of requesting a callback. It has been nearly 24 hours and still no response from that one either.

Am I being unreasonable to expect a faster response than I am getting?

I’m curious on how much are you paying for your hosting plan?

From what I’ve heard, it’s been more like 24-72 hours.

MacManX.com

You’re not being unreasonable at all, they advertise support replies, and for the most part respond, in under 24 hours.

[color=#0000CC]jason[/color]

Well, at this point I am at 2 days 19 hours on my initial callback request, and 1 day 11 hours on my second request. Hopefully with the weekend being over and all, I’ll get that call back very soon. 'Cause it surely hasn’t been the 24 hour response time advertised.

I’ve never experienced such a delay in the 4 or 5 years I’ve been here. If I were you I’d put in another support ticket, from the web panel support area, and reference the other’s ticket number. Maybe it slipped through the cracks somehow.

I assume you’re checked your support history to make sure you actually submitted the request through the proper channel and it hasn’t been answered and didn’t make it to you mailbox for some reason?

Hope you get it resolved soon!

[color=#0000CC]jason[/color]

I have been checking the support history every few hours to be sure I haven’t missed anything. I just now submitted a third support request, this one set at the highest priority. I currently stand at 3 days 1 hour for my initial support request, and 1 day 18 hours for the second one.

I sent a support ticket 2 days ago and got a reply today, I guess they are just busy!

Since I went to all the trouble of complaining here, it’s only fair that I come back at mention that I just got my call back from tech support. The tech was very friendly and helpful, and had my data restored from backup and working properly within fifteen minutes. All is well.

Looks like DH is looking for another tech support agent > http://losangeles.craigslist.org/csr/56939315.html. Hopefully this will take care of some of the slow support times people have been complaining about. Although, I myself have never had to wait more than 4 hours to get a reply.

One thing I would like to see is some kind of instant chat or way we could notify DH if database server was rejecting connections or something. :slight_smile: It’s times like that I wish I had phone support so I could call and be like " hey guys, scratchy is up but rejecting all connections."

willscorner.net

I have just noticed DH’s support via chat is no longer available.

• marsbar

Support Chat It has been unavailable for the last 4 months IME.

Not unreasonable - DH still say “will be replying … within 24 hours”. However lately here the response time has ranged from 1 hours to 4 days.

Thanks for the information, chrisjj. I did not realize the chat icon had already been removed for that long!
Cheers,
marsbar

Oh no, the icon was there through that time. Just it said “unavailable”. The icon’s removal is indeed recent.

[quote]I’ve never experienced such a delay in the 4 or 5 years I’ve been here.

[/quote]

Nor had I until 6 weeks ago. Something changed big time.

[quote]If I were you I’d put in another support ticket, from the web panel support area,
and reference the other’s ticket number.

[/quote]

Since such a delay is now commonplace, surely it is not a good idea to add (slightly) to the load by repeating the report?

[quote]Maybe it slipped through the cracks somehow.

[/quote]

Not if it still shows on Support > Contact Support STILL OPEN SUPPORT REQUESTS