Rails socket issue

I don’t suppose there are any Rails users that could help me out with a problem I’m having. I’m new to Rails and to web programming generally and I’m trying to get my first Rails app deployed on-line. I’m stuck because I can’t run the rake db: migrate command to set up my production database. I’m using passenger, and I’ve got my app files where they need to be, as well as my database created, but when I run rake db:migrate using SSH (I use winSCP), I get this error:

Can’t connect to local MySQL server through socket ‘/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock’ (2)

I’m not sure where to go from here, and I could really use some help!
Thanks!

turns out the problem was that I was using “hostname” instead of “host” in my database.yml file.

I’m having this same problem. Could you tell me exactly how you fixed it, or is there anyone else who can?

hi,
I have the same problem:
Warning: mysql_real_escape_string() [function.mysql-real-escape-string]: Can’t connect to local MySQL server through socket ‘/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock’ (2)

this problem happens when i call mysql_real_escape_string without connecting to DB, but do we really need to connect to DB first?
i do need to know why this happening! and how to fix it.
Thanks,
MK

Need a connection first. The function will fallback to the last known connection - if one doesn’t exist then you’ll receive an error.

http://au.php.net/mysql_real_escape_string

Maximum Cash Discount on any plan with MAXCASH

How To Install PHP.INI / ionCube on DreamHost