Rails rendering wrong path for s-sheets, imgs

software development

So this is a consistent error I’ve had with all three rails apps I’ve deployed on DreamHost. I’m running fcgi, and have the web directory set to mydomain.com/public (well, technically I have it set to a symlink of public). When I access the site at mydomain.com, the site loads, but when I view the source, I find that image and stylesheet paths are still pointing to /public/stylesheets and /public/images, which obviously won’t work when using /public as the root directory.

Last time, this issue seemed to resolve itself after a few hours (during which I did tinker with a countless number of things), but as a result I have no idea how to fix it. I did everything I did last time, and still no cigar.

Interestingly enough, what I’m trying to do this time is deploy Mephisto, and when I try to go to mydomain.com/admin, the stylesheet and image paths render normally for that page.

I have to say, I’m stumped. I’ve been playing with .htaccess, routes.rb, environment.rb, and rake for hours. Thanks in advance.

I don’t know what the policy here is on posting links to one’s personal home page, but if you’d like to see for yourself what I mean, it’s at justinchung -dot- net