Rails App problem


#1

Hi!

I instaled redmine, all seems ok but, “look” of the site is wrong.
this is the look of redmine: www.redmine.org
My site works but… see: www.rause.com.br/redmine

I following step by step the turorial in this link: http://wiki.dreamhost.com

I ran webrik just for test and the look is ok.
Why with webrik the look is right? What is wrong?


#2

You don’t have all the CSS stylesheets properly loaded. :wink:

–rlparker


#3

But I instaled the app via svn checkout and I made the same in my house and all works fine! :-/


#4

Well, that may be … but it doesn’t change the fact that all your CSS stylesheets are not being loaded - just compare the “view source” of a rendered page in your installation with the example, and you will see what I mean.

–rlparker


#5

I’m having the same problem.

The HTML source rendering into HEAD tag the following code:

Redmine

Maybe solution is add “AllowOverride None” instruction into configuration.

Regards.


#6

I’m having the same problem with a fresh install of Redmine 0.8.0. All paths that are not Rails routes are broken. Even if I create a public/index.html file it isn’t rendered. Of course there’s no access to attachments either, as they’re stored in public/files .

Before that, I had Redmine 0.7.3 running without problems, but now it broke because Dreamhost removed Rails 2.0.2. At first I couldn’t freeze that old Rails version into it, so I ended up downloading Redmine 0.8.0.

I finally got 0.7.3 working again following these instructions in dreamhoststatus blog comments: http://www.dreamhoststatus.com/2009/01/05/hooray-another-rails-upgrade/comment-page-1/#comment-229398 – there’s one typo in step 1: “rb” should be “rm”

But it would still be nice to have 0.8.0.

–update–

Got 0.8.0 to work by deleting public/.htaccess . Strange, I thought Passenger already disables custom rewrites.