Rails and Javascript

apps

This is my first time trying to actually deploy a Rails app. As a note, this was designed in 1.2.5, so I had to manually change the apps’ RAILS_GEM_VERSION to 2.0.2

I get the ever-so-helpful “Rails application failed to start properly” error.

I ran dispatch.fcgi manually, and it returns fine. I get back the HTML it should return, no errors.

But when I don’t run it manually, the production.log file fills up with

ActionController::RoutingError (no route found to match “/javascripts/tooltip-v0.2” with {:method=>:get}):
c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.13.5/lib/action_controller/routing.rb:1325:in recognize_path' c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.13.5/lib/action_controller/routing.rb:1315:inrecognize’
(etc)

This is an odd error, given that the file is definitely right there in public/javascripts, and it runs fine on my dev machine in every environment.

Why could this be? FastCGI is enabled, the domain is set to the right directory… (I had quite a bit of trouble wrangling it into working in the first place, actually.)

Does Rails 2.0.2 handle this sort of thing differently? Does the Dreamhost account require something I’m not aware of, perhaps permissiony? Perhaps I have to do something to point it at the fcgi file?

Any help would be appreciated.