Radio Blog?

Because I’m not 100% sure on this I thought I would ask just to be sure.

I’d like to add a Radio blog onto my site but I’m not sure if it’s allowed on dreamhost’s servers.

I just want to use it as a preview of what I listen to. Not as a promotion for illegal distribution of music(in fact, I’m against that. If you can buy the cd do so!).

All of the files that a radio blog stores are not downloadable, they just stream on the site. And they are not .mp3 files.

I’m sure it’s just fine to use the radio blog it self. I’ve used it before. The only questionable part is what you’re streaming. It’s up to you to make sure it’s legal. Just becuase it’s not in the MP3 format doesn’t mean a thing. Just take some time to actaully make sure you’re making legal use of what ever you’re plaing, and then you’re good to go. Even short clips of music from record lables may not actually be legal, and wtih all he law suits flying around these days, it’s in your best interest to be sure.

-Matttail

I see, I(saying this truthfully) don’t have any unlawful intent with setting one up. It’s just like with a normal radio, if someone hears a song and goes and downloads it it’s not the radio station’s fault is it? I’m just using it as a way to preview before you buy. Because I personally like to hear a few songs from an album before buying it, and I’m sure a lot of other people feel the same way.

An mp3 rotation site seems more illegal than a radio blog but that’s just my own opinion.

Thanks for clearing this up.

Normal radio stations pay for licensing, for use of music by a list of artists. Legitimate MP3 sites are licensed also. If you are not authorized to publicly distribute an artist’s/label’s music, you may run into trouble- regardless of intent.

~Chell

Actually,

1. They are downloadable. It’s the new free way to download music if you know how to do it.

2. They are mp3 files. And don’t tell me other wise. It you turn on visible file extensions, they are .rbs But change that to .mp3 and woohlah. It’s an mp3 file.

I recomend that you prevent the script from sending your playlist back to radioblogclub.com because that’s where the kiddies can search, then download your music and upload it to their iPods.
It’s can suck your bandwidth.

We’re [color=#0000CC]DreamingOfYou[/color] :wink: Use PromoCode PerfectDream to save you the most?