Quick question

Does DreamHost allow you to upgrade your plan -hassle free/no downtime if you go over your monthly traffic limit and need to upgrade?

For example: i go over my monthly limit on the 25th of the month, will they still keep it up until the end of the month and give me x amount of days to upgrade my account for higher traffic?

Yes. This can be done easily in the DreamHost Web Panel.

But the lowest plan type (L1 - Crazy Domain Insane) has a traffic limit of 1 TerraByte per month and it grows at a rate of 32GB each month. You plan to exceed that??

Pay just [color=#CC0000]$22.40[/color] for 1 year Dreamhost hosting, use promo-code [color=#CC0000]MOJO97[/color]
Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] on all 1 and 2 year plans!! (Max saving on monthly plans too!!)

Thanks!

Yes… I hope to…and plan to! :slight_smile:

That must be some website. :slight_smile:

Just to elaborate…

The Web Panel has this to say about plan upgrades…
[color=#0000CC]

there will be no downtime for anything.

feature changes happen immediately.

your plan’s billing start date changes to today.

any pre-payment left over is credited towards the new price.

there is a $49.95 one-time set up fee if you pick a monthly billing cycle.

[/color]
Also, I am not sure what happens if you exceed your allocation before upgrading your plan. There is normally a $1 per GB excess charge, but this might not be the case if you upgrade before the end of the current billing cycle. If I were you, I would contact DreamHost support for exact details on this situation.

Pay just [color=#CC0000]$22.40[/color] for 1 year Dreamhost hosting, use promo-code [color=#CC0000]MOJO97[/color]
Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] on all 1 and 2 year plans!! (Max saving on monthly plans too!!)