Quick Question About The CBL/XBL mail block

I know this is kind of a stupid question, but it really is a true problem that I need to solve a.s.a.p. for my client. I’m just wanting to make sure that I am doing the right thing and trying to find out if there might be another solution.

I have a quick question about the CBL/ XBL mail block. I have a web page client who has an earthlink.net e-mail address. On their page they have a submission form that is filled out quite regularily due to the traffic to their site. It is very important to their business that they get all of these forms via e-mail. Lately, they have not been getting them. I went to support and saw that there is this mail block and that Dreamhost is working on it. This would probably be the reason why they are not getting their forms.

My question is, if I take the earthlink.net e-mail address off the forward list for the dreamhost e-mail address and just have it sent to a dreamhost mailbox instead, do you think this will make it so they at least get all of their filled out forms?

I have another strange question… Is there an ISP that anyone can think of that would probably not be blocking dreamhost that I could set up an e-mail account for my client so they can still use their Eudora E-Mail Program to recieve the submission forms? The reason I ask is because this client is hard to deal with sometimes and if I tell them they are going to have to check their dreamhost mailbox online (Squirel Mail) every day, they are not going to be happy. I would prefer to set it up so they can still use Eudora.

Thanks so much for any help and advice.
Sabrina532

Perhaps I am missing something here, but couldn’t you simply setup a mailbox here at DreamHost, direct the form emails to that mailbox (thereby eliminating the earthlink.net bounces) and configure your clients Eudora to retrieve the mail from DreamHost using POP3?

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost plans using [color=#CC0000]PRICESLASH[/color] promo code (Click for DreamHost promo code details)

When you fill out a customer support form for Dreamhost they have a section where you choose your area of expertise. I fall in the “I know some stuff but please don’t assume too much” category. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Mark, Thank you for your suggestion. I guess I didn’t know that I could set up Eudora to collect mail from the Dreamhost mailbox. I might need more help on that, but I think I know what you mean and I will go try to set it up.

Thanks again. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
Sabrina532

No problem, setting it up should be a fairly straightforward process, but if you run into any problems I am sure there will be someone on the forum with Eudora experience who will be able to help out.

Good luck.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost plans using [color=#CC0000]PRICESLASH[/color] promo code (Click for DreamHost promo code details)

I think Mark has got you headed in the right direction, but I also wanted to mention that you could easily set up a gmail address for your client, and use that in addition to, or in place of, a dreamhost mailbox. You could still check it with Eudora, it’s free, etc.

–rlparker

For really free hit http://webmail.yourdomain.com

Then you don’t even need a mail client until this issue is resolved.

Wholly

I think the original poster was trying to avoid a web-based solution.

Mark

Everyone handled the Eudora path, but if it’s temporary and some people cannot grasp the concept of multiple email addresses coming into a mail client.

Just having them use the other might be enough to get them “over the hump” until earthlink returns to earth.

But I DO like the idea of just using a DH address for this kind of process - maybe even permanently.

Wholly