Quick ? about norms directory tutorial

norms tut edited :

[quote] 1. Create a folder on your computer
2. Copy the html page…into that folder…rename it to…index.html…
3. Inside your…folder, create…folder called Images.
4. Move all…images into this Images folder.
5. Insert them again…into your index.html page…
6. Save…index.html page.
7. Upload…index.htm page and…Images folder into…website directory.[/quote]

I have followed the above instructions exactly as directed

[quote] "use your ftp…software to create…‘images’ directory…all the image files into it…starting point… ‘web root directory’ ’

index.html (file)
images (directory)
…[/quote]

QUESTION:

[b] Are the image folder created on my computer and the images directory, 1 step or 2 seperate steps ?

If so, (2 steps) then instead of this:

images/horse.jpg

would my image path then be:

images/images/horse.jpg ?

I don’t feel like i’m making this clear… maybe this will help…is it:

mydomain.com…image directory…image folder…all my template images/any other images

or

mydomain.com…image folder…all my template images/any other images[/b]

(i think its the latter, make the image folder, add template images/all other images…(which i did)…then just ftp that to be under my domain.com …but im confused so i want to be sure)

thanks for any help

(sorry, it wasn’t a tutorial, it was a reply to another, i found it in ‘search’)

If you follow those 7 steps, the folder will be created for you. You only need to create a folder via ftp, only if you wish upload files that do not have folder yet.
So it is your choice to create the folder on your own computer and upload the folder(which will automatically include the files), or create a folder on the server and upload just the files.
In the end it really is up to you, as long as the links on your web page point to the correct location on the server, it does not matter what you use for directories(folders).
Hope this helps
Silk

Yes, your answer did help, thanks!

Your welcome
Silk