Questions

How do I change my account from php4 to php5?

Is there any way to change your username?
Example: test/yourdomain.com to cool/yourdomain.com

The Black Knight Always Triumphs!!!

Wholly

How do I add subdomains? It doesn’t seem to want to add them for me.

to add subdomain, go to DH panel --> Domains --> Manage Domains

just follow the steps. the process is quite straight forward.

Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] (max discount) on dreamhost plans by using promo code: [color=#CC0000]97CRAZY[/color].

Make sure you are entering the full sub-domain in the Domain to host: field ( sub.yourdomain.com ). Also, the parent domain must have been added to the system before you can add sub-domains for it.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost plans using [color=#CC0000]PRICESLASH[/color] promo code (Click for DreamHost promo code details)

Here is the message I receive when I try to create a subdomain.

Uh oh! Please fix the 1 error below:

Can’t add domain: we set this sub-domain up automatically for you.

and I entered sub.domain.com and it won’t seem to take it.

the domain here should be the one you registered in DH.

Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] (max discount) on dreamhost plans by using promo code: [color=#CC0000]97CRAZY[/color].

I’ve never seen this error before. :slight_smile:

You aren’t by chance trying to add the free dreamhosters.com sub-domain you specified during the sign-up procedure? If so, then this sub-domain will already have been automatically added to the system, you don’t need to re-add it.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost plans using [color=#CC0000]PRICESLASH[/color] promo code (Click for DreamHost promo code details)

No, I own my own domain and use a sub-domain with my domain and that is what I get. I guess I should contact DH.

Remember that certain sub-domains are automatically setup on domains added to the hosting system, such as;

ftp
mail
mailboxes
www.mailboxes
webmail
www.webmail

Trying to add one of these sub-domains may result in the error that you are seeing.

Mark

It was mail that I was trying to add. Thank you.

Now how do I go about setting up a cron job?

The wiki is your friend.

Dreamhost Cron Docs

Wholly

I have read it but I don’t know anything about cron jobs but I still need them for some things on my site. Will DH install them for me if I request it?