First, this is a customer-to-customer forums, so please understand that we cannot provide you with answers to your questions as DreamHost employees - as we are not employees of DreamHost.
Edit: I see rlparker beat me (damn robots in disguise! ), but you’re welcome to read the rest of what I’ve posted here as well.
Secondly - if you plan to resell your account, I strongly suggest finding a host that offers you specifically such features. While DreamHost does indeed allow you to resell, you are still responsible for the customers you’ve resold to. If a customer is hosting a warez site and DreamHost recieves a CAD/DMCA letter - your account and all of the subdomains/domains under it will be shutdown permanently.
I’m pretty sure there are other hosts out there that do not have such a policy and will infact work with you to allow you to continue reselling without shutting down your entire account. That said, those hosts (from my limited experience) are usually setup to specifically allow reselling, where DreamHost really isn’t setup for it specifically, though they do certainly allow it.
Now for your questions…
1. Yes, you can host a .pt domain here so long as you are not going to use DreamHost as your registrar (to register the domain(s)). You’ll need to register your domains elsewhere, but you can certainly host their content here.
2. There are no specific reseller accounts. You can setup user accounts under your own account to allow your clients to use whatever space you give to them (basically, you can modify their userspace size anywhere between 0 megs and the maximum size of your plan (200gig or whatever). You don’t need to buy a separate account for each person, which I believe is also against DreamHost’s TOS.
3. There is no demo, but you can create a webid without purchasing a plan to see what it looks like. There’s also a screenshot of the panel on wikipedia.
No idea about redirecting to SMS… but they do offer pop3/smtp/imap and webmail.
4. Yes, you can host unlimited domains/sub-domains with DreamHost. You can find the pricing scheme on the main website www.dreamhost.com. Clearly you were too lazy to get that far, or even notice the TOS link at the very bottom of the main page, so you can find that information out yourself.
5. I’m quite positive they does, yes. Though you’d probably have to install it yourself, amongst other things in order for it to work.
6 Again, this information is provided on the main page of their website, right at the very bottom left. You can’t miss it.
To end this - I strongly encourage you to find a hosting provider that offers plans specifically for resellers. DreamHost, as far as I’m aware, does not offer such specific plans and therefore you’re pretty much left on your own to figure things out.
Good luck all the same
Chips N Cheese - Custom PHP installs and the like!