Question

Hi , I’m paying in my hosting provider 70$ every month for 70GB Transfer, So, when i saw your prices i was shocked.

Maybe there is something I’m missing, please someone tells me, For a yearly plan of around 70$, i can get almost unlimited everything?

I also need unlimited domains, unlimited soubdomains, POP3 and SMT mail servers, CGI-PERL, PHP 4, MySql 3 & 4. Are these features also included in those yearly plans?

That’s all for the moment, thank you for your time.

Sagef

P.S. Any of your plans offers ip adresses?

Yep, it’s for real. :wink:

Here’s a list the compares the plans and lists their features.

The high end plan comes with an IP, but you can add IPs to any plan for $3.95/month each.

:stuck_out_tongue: Save up to $96 at Dreamhost with ALMOST97 promo code (I get $1).
Or save $97 with THEFULL97.

All new mysql databases are created as mysql 5 now. We have people using most of their bandwidth, but it is hard to do if you are just serving text. They usually are serving vidoes, etc. If most of your traffic is a blog or other database driven site you will have to work hard to optimize your code (as would be the case even on your own dedicated server) in order to be ale to serve that much traffic without taking down the server.

Numbers are not everything.

Maybe service is better with your actual hosting (even if it’s good with dreamhost).

However, billing $1/1GB bandwidth is a lot.

Get [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] Off with promo code :[color=#6600CC]97USD[/color] :cool: use “moua” as referrer

Where it says - for example in the level 1 - “Monthly Bandwidth at signup 2 TB”, thats the monthly transfer limit? 2 Terabytes? Obiously I’m not going to use all that bandwith, but it’s seems to be so much, for that money.

I now Numbers are not everything, but i think I’m paying too much in my actual hosting, and the support is not that good either.

And other question: When it says save up to $96 with this promo code, what that it means exactly? If I sign up in a Level 1 option for example, and i get $96 Off it would cost me almost nothing for a year. Too good to be true :P. (I’ve expended near $900 last year in my actual hosting server for a virtual server of 70GB of monthly transfer).

I’m really interested in signing up for an account but i need to be sure before transfer all my sites to a new hosting service.

Thank You for your time.

Sagef

[quote]$96 Off it would cost me almost nothing for a year. Too good to be true :P. (I’ve expended near $900 last year in my actual hosting server for a virtual

[/quote]

But the increase for the 2nd year will be like 500 percent! :wink:

Look at what Michael said. If you use too much resources and bog down the server, they’ll end up asking you to do something like quit or get your own server. It all depends on how you’re using your bandwidth. It might work out.

There’s no free lunch. If it sounds too good to be true, then maybe it is too good to be true.

They recently hired more support help.
Tip me (and DreamHost gets 5%+$0.30)

The prices he mentioned are usual in some webhosters. I’ve seen them so many times. And I know people that had nasty surprises when their vps where hacked, used has piracy hubs for a few hours, with more than 1 TB downloaded. You imagine is hosting bill? Scary stuff.
But the webhoster charged him the bandwith at a smaller price, due to the cause of the problem.

DreamHost $97 discount code: 97promo «« Check other codes on DreamHost97.com
:slight_smile: All money from 90promo was given to Santa’s Helpers Charity :slight_smile:

I think they rely on only a small percentage of customers actually using the bandwidth allocated. if your websites are currently OK on your 70GB month plan, I think they will be fine at dreamhost.

Pay just [color=#CC0000]$22.40[/color] for 1 year Dreamhost hosting, use promo-code [color=#CC0000]MOJO97[/color]
Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] on all 1 and 2 year plans!! (Max saving on monthly plans too!!)

Remember that 70 Gb’s of bandwith doesn’t show us processor / sql / apache usage…

I had very intensive sites 6 years ago (banner exchange systems) that used very few bandwith. And in that time, it got me kicked out of that awful webhoster, and not a prorata refund for my remaining 7 months of prepaid webhosting…

But DreamHost is different. Here you have a 97 days money back guarantee. Try it for yourself :slight_smile:

:slight_smile: All money from 90promo was given to Santa’s Helpers Charity :slight_smile:

Thank you Mojo and Affiliate7 for your replies. I’m OK now with 70GB now but I’m reaching the top.

If I’m expecting to use in the future near 250, 300GB/Month, what plan should I Sign Up?

You can always increase plan level later. Level 1 or 3 look like the good choices today.

They hired more support help.
Tip me (and DreamHost gets 5%+$0.30) Cut the code: [color=#00CC00]9999[/color]=$99.99 Off

Bandwith is no problem with DreamHost, so it really depends on your site. There are sites here that spend more than 1000 Gb’s per month without any problems, because they aren’t heavy on the processor / sql / apache.

So if your site was one of those, the cheapest plan would do fine. But it really depends on your site. Only experience can show us if it will be ok or not.

Best of luck!

Yes, and this is very easy using the DreamHost web panel.

To quote the panel;

[color=#0000CC]If you up/downgrade or change rebill period:

there will be no downtime for anything.

feature changes happen immediately.

your plan’s billing start date changes to today.

any pre-payment left over is credited towards the new price.

there is a $49.95 one-time set up fee if you pick a monthly billing cycle. [/color]

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost hosting using promo code [color=#CC0000]SAVEMONEY[/color] ( Click for promo code details )