Question regarding bandwidth Resitricton

Hi,
i’ve just registered an account and domain (waiting for it all to approve and go through) but i was wondering…

My plans for my website include a hefty amount of bandwidth use, however i do not want to go over the allocated monthly amount and end up with an insane bill.
Is their any way i can “stop” or “restrict” the bandwidth once it reaches a certain point?

thankyou!

You can use bandwidth throttling.

Simon Jessey | Keystone Websites
Save $97 on yearly plans with promo code [color=#CC0000]SCJESSEY97[/color]

You have the option to turn off your site automatically if you go over the bandwidth allotment - for more details, please refer to this DH Knowledge Base article:
http://wiki.dreamhost.com/index.php/KB_/Account_Control_Panel/Status::_Bandwidth
All the best -
marsbar

Edit: scjessey and I posted (almost) at the same time! :slight_smile:

In the control panel, look for status, then bandwidth. Here you can enable bandwidth throttling. From what I understand is once you hit that amount, your website is disabled until the next month.
Silk

ah thankyou!

the help was mightily appreciated!

The site is not totally disabled. Instead, files are retrieved from a special ‘throttled’ directory for that domain, where you can setup a low bandwidth page that explains the situation to your users.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost hosting using promo code [color=#CC0000]SAVEMONEY[/color] ( Click for promo code details )