Certainly. First of all, I can confirm to you that the "index.html" file is not in the correct directory (or folder) at the moment. You will need to transfer that file from your own computer to the folder that has been created for you on the DreamHost server. To do this, you will need to use a technique known as FTP (File Transfer Protocol).
You can do this quite easily if you are using Windows XP, but you will need the main username and password given to you in the email you received from DreamHost when you setup your account. These are the steps to follow:
- Go to "My Network Places".
- Click on "Add a Network Place".
- Click "Next".
- Make sure "Choose another network location" is selected, and click "Next" again.
- Type ftp://ftp.mattandjennykelley.com into the space provided, and click "Next".
- Uncheck the "Log on anonymously" checkbox, type in the username from the email and click "Next".
- Give the connection a name (My Webspace, for example) and click "Next".
- Click "Finish" to save that location (it will appear in "My Network Places") and then it will make a connection for you.
- You will be prompted for your password, which you can ask your computer to remember if you wish.
You can now transfer files in and out of your webspace as you please, almost is if it was a folder on your computer. The "index.html" page (the page that everyone sees first when they browse to your website) must be in the folder called mattandjennykelley.com, assuming that is what DreamHost called it.
I hope that helps.
Keystone Websites | si-blog