Question for Administrator

OK, I have a website:
warea.ifastnet.com

My current host is crappy, I was wondering if you guys could host it.
Please reply me with details if you can host my website

Thank you

Dude, this is a customer to customer forum. Once in a while DH staff decide to come out and visit but I wouldn’t bet on it. Your best bet is to hit http://www.dreamhost.com/contact.cgi and they should definitely be able to answer your questions.

And the answer will likely be, Yes.

The only restrictions are that it be hostable by an apache web server (not ASP) and that the content be legal.

Wholly

uh… did you went to my website before saying yes?

Or just save yourself some time and check out the Dreamhost Terms of Service (TOS). A quick read through that ought to sufficiently answer your question. :wink:

Do you really think so? Did you look at his site? I think the answer will likely be , “FTFO”. :wink:

With the part about “that the content be legal” being significantly relevant for this poster.

–rlparker

Apparently he did not :wink: …see my response to his post, and good luck with that site.

–rlparker

Yeah, no problem. That’s exactly what they set up the Files Forever system for. Check it out. It’s for distributing stolen copies of copyrighted software, mp3s, movies, etc. Be sure to use the promo code below to save a couple extra bucks. They’ll probably want you to fax rub, and meet a guy who knows a guy, on a street corner in LA.

(Not!)

They need more support help.
Pay me (and DreamHost gets 5%+$0.30) Cut the code: [color=#00CC00]9999=$99.99 Off[/color]

??? lol
you just posted a question and then gave yourself an answer :)))

by the way, I checked their rules. Seems that I’am not breaking any rules

What do you think:
http://warea.ifastnet.com/site

… or send them a photo of yourself holding a sign over your head that says, “I’m clueless”…

–rlparker

I’m glad you guys had the balls to go to a site with the word “ware” in the title. My virus scanner’s just expired and I don’t “xxx” without a condom.

Wholly

Or a photo with credit card, ID, downloaded fake boarding pass, and a sign saying “Next stop, DIsneyland!”

Pay me (and DreamHost gets 5%+$0.30) Cut the code: [color=#00CC00]9999=$99.99 Off[/color]

Warez - (wearz) n. : Shared information over a digital network

Yup, Really Scary stuff…

Not even fukin’ close, noob.

Wholly

Except perhaps this one…

[color=#0000CC]“Customer may only use DreamHost Webhosting’s Server for lawful purpose. Transmission of any material in violation of any Country, Federal, State or Local regulation is prohibited.”[/color]

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost hosting using promo code [color=#CC0000]SAVEMONEY[/color] ( Click for promo code details )

this guy is paranoid
what’s not close? Warez word?
Look up in dictionary - exact definition

Ya think? I suppose forum software you are not familiar with can be confusing. You can check the Subject re. notes to see “who” replied to “who”, or if that is too confusing for you, you can view the posts threaded :wink: .

Yeah, sure! You are right! I’ve read your “disclaimer” blah blah blah - one of the oldest, tiredest, lamest, and most clueless arguments out there. But hey, I say you should go for it. Send them your money, and set up your site, since you are so sure what you want to do is “not breaking any rules”. Who knows, you might not get “TOSsed” for a day or two (after you have paid, or course!). Yeah, that’s the ticket, you go for it - I’m all for ya! Ha Ha!

–rlparker

I can’t wait 'till my download of 0ffice finishes, so I can try out some macros from this other cool site.

It runs on our shared servers, right? ;->

Ware? Oh, I thought it was wear. I can always use more t-shirts.

Posted by wholly (DH Enthusiast)

And the answer will likely be, Yes.

Yes - 1 vote
No - 1 vote

Keep posting…

"troll, troll, troll your boat, Gently down the stream, Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.....

(all together now!)

“Troll, troll, troll your boat…”

–rlparker

Wow, so this is a poll? I wasn’t aware of that. I am sure if you poll enough ‘yes’ votes that DreamHost will turn a blind eye to your site. :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]Yes - 1 vote
No - 1 vote[/quote]
I’m not sure about your numbers, I think you should have paid more attention in maths class. :stuck_out_tongue:

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost hosting using promo code [color=#CC0000]SAVEMONEY[/color] ( Click for promo code details )

I heard there’s a site that if you click to agree to their terms, you won’t have to pay taxes.