Question About Wordpress

So, I have been thinking about moving my Wordpress blog over to DreamHost , and I was actually about ready to do it this weekend. However, as I was checking the DH blog tonight on a whim, I noticed that an article said [quote]That’s even more impressive when you consider that these numbers include our fully-managed easy one-click for WordPress, which don’t allow you to install your own plugins.[/quote].

I’m confused; does this mean I have to choose between the advertised “1-click install” and being able to use plug-ins, custom themes, etc.? I’m not afraid to get “down and dirty” with the WP code, but the 1-click install and DH’s feature set were the main selling points for me; plug-ins are necessary for what I’m trying to do with my blog, but at the same time I would like the ease of a simple installation.

Thanks in advance!

If you’re moving all of the files and the database over, you won’t have to worry about any of the limitations in the “easy mode” one click install. Unfortunately, a transfer is a bit more complicated than the one click installs are for setting up a new blog.

But yeah, the customization limits specifically apply to the easy mode one-click installs. Great for someone who has no idea what is going on, but definitely not the only way you can set up a wordpress blog at Dreamhost.