Question about rewards

I have one question about how DH calculates rewards.

If we give a promo code which gives max discount, we get 0 if we set to one-time payment.

What if we set to 10% forever? I think we get 0 for the first year. How about next year, do we get 10% for the following years?

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on dreamhost hosting plans using promo code [color=#CC0000]50MONEY[/color] Sign Up NOW

Not as far as I can tell. There wouldn’t be a difference in the promo code to decide the 10% of ???

Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] on all plans by using promo code: SRVR97. More Here

As I understand it, it doesn’t matter what you have your rewards set to, if someone uses your promo-code then that referral is automatically set to one-time rewards payment, regardless of whatever you have your rewards set to.

Here is a quote from the panel (the highlighting is mine);

[color=#0000CC]“The only downside is whatever discount (new! and/or feature bonus!) you give them comes out of your $97 one-time rewards payment (anybody who uses a promo code will be set as a one-time rewards, not recurring). But hey, that’s only fair! It’s basically a way for you to share some of your rewards with the people you’re referring.”[/color]

Mark

Web Hosting Reviews | DreamHost Promo Code

I think that 10% forever is just for direct referral… with no promotion code, am I right ?

Get YOUR $97 off on yearly plan with [color=#CC0000]YOUGET97 [/color] promo code. Sign Up NOW

I believe you are correct. At least, that is my understanding of how things work. :slight_smile:

Mark

It depends if you have chosen to have rewards paid that way. Use of a promo code simply overrides your choice.

si-blog | Keystone Websites
Save $97 on yearly plans with promo code [color=#CC0000]SCJESSEY97[/color]

Remember that your choice does affect how you receive secondary payments - though I’ve never been exactly clear on when your selection “takes effect”…

Free unique IP and $67 off with promo code [color=#CC0000]FLENSFREEIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]FLENS97[/color] for $97 off. Click here for more options

I could be wrong, but I don’t believe your rewards setting affects secondary payments from referrals who originally used your promo code. Like the primary referral, these are automatically ‘one-time payment’ and you will receive $5 for these, regardless of your rewards setting.

Mark

That is correct. Essentially, if you are set to a percentage of invoice amount for rewards, that is all superseded by a promo code and that reward becomes a “one-time payment” - the original amount varying depending upon the discount offered, and the secondary payment being $5.00. :slight_smile: .

–rlparker