Question about payment

Hi!
I want to have an account on DH, but I don’t have a credit card. Is it ok to ask a friend to pay for me with his card? Thou I want an account to be on my name etc.

Also, can I sell whole account (not only subdomains) to someone?

If I understood correctly, at startup I have 200 GB of diskspace and 2 TB of bandwidtch, so, after a week I have 201 GB and 2064 GB of bandwidtch? And so on…?

TIA for the answer :slight_smile:

Yes, you can do this. Although, the fact that the name on the credit-card does not match the name on the application may mean that DreamHost request a rubbing of the credit-card to be submitted by FAX.

Another option would be to pay by some other means. DreamHost accepts PayPal, Google Checkout or mailed in checks and money-orders.

I am not 100% sure what you are asking here.

You can resell your hosting any way you see fit and host unlimited domains or sub-domains.

If you are referring to selling the actual account, I guess that could be done, but you would need to change the contact information for the account. This can be done via the admin panel.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost hosting using promo code [color=#CC0000]SAVEMONEY[/color] ( Click for promo code details )

Sorry, I’m not into credit cards, what is rubbing of a credit card? :slight_smile:

Sorry, I replied before you edited in the extra question :slight_smile:

Yes, your storage space and bandwidth are increased weekly, on the level 1 plan these increases are 1GB and 16GB per week respectively. These additions to your storage space / bandwidth are kind of like a ‘loyalty bonus’ for staying with DreamHost.

Edit: changed the incorrect bonus figure for bandwidth. :blush: After 1 week you would have 201GB space and 2016GB bandwidth.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost hosting using promo code [color=#CC0000]SAVEMONEY[/color] ( Click for promo code details )

Basically, you print out this form, then proceed to make an imprint of the credit-card on the paper. Here is a quote from the form.

[color=#0000CC]“Please place your credit card under this paper and make an imprint of the card below by rubbing a pencil or crayon along the surface of the paper.”[/color]

This verifies to DreamHost that you actually have the physical card in your possession.

Edit: I should point out that faxing a credit-card imprint is not required for all account applications, only those that DreamHost feels may be a cause for concern. The above situation, where the credit-card name and the account name do not match, has a high probability of causing such concern.

Mark

Well, I’m from Poland, so faxing the form to other countries would be a problem, can I send it by e-mail or traditional mail?
And If I have an personel account on paypal, do I need to do that rubbing? (pay pal allows to pay without credit card from it’s account).

I don’t think email would be permitted, but I don’t see why traditional mail would be a problem.

I would advise asking DreamHost Sales this question before applying, to get an authoritive answer on what they allow. You can contact DreamHost directly using the form linked below;

http://www.dreamhost.com/contact.cgi

Mark

You caught me again with the edit :slight_smile:

If it is a ‘confirmed’ PayPal account, then you should be OK, but once again I suggest asking this question directly of DreamHost Sales, to be sure.

Mark

I just signed up from Germany using PayPal. They didn’t approve my account yet, but right now the approval seems to take a few days anyway. The sign-up process worked fine and I’m also directly charging my bank account via PayPal because I don’t own a credit card either.

Welcome to DreamHost. :slight_smile:

I think you are right, there have been a number of reports on the forum from people waiting for approval.

I don’t know if this is due to DreamHost implementing some new procedure or simply because of a surge in new sign-ups. I suspect it is the latter.

Mark

They don’t accept email. You have to fax. Check with the post office in your country. Maybe they provide the service.

Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] (max discount) on dreamhost by using promo code: [color=#CC0000]97MONEY[/color].

approved this one for you.

If you signup via paypal, you forfit the 97 day money back guarentee, but if it is a verified paypal account and passes our fraud checks we can get you up and running without a rub. =P

Great, thanks!

Now I just need a hosting plan? There is no hosting plan activated on my account, only the + balance of what I paid shows up. Does this happen automaticly, or did something go wrong?

I think something may have gone wrong. The hosting plan you chose during sign-up should already be under your account and your account balance should show $0.

Is there something like ‘This account is currently pending approval.’ displayed on the left side of the panel?

Have you received your account approval email yet?

Mark

Yes, that’s was Michael just confirmed and the approval message in the control panel is gone and I’ve received the approval email. This would suck because I signed up with the one-year pre payment minus the $97 and now I have $22 on my account, but no plan. :frowning:

I’ve already contacted support, lets see what they have to say.