Question about FTP with Multiple Users

I am going to be hosting 2 websites on the same account. I want one to be able to have full control of everything.

I want the other one to just be able to use email, add services, ftp, etc. I granted access for a new user to control the domain and set all of the settings, etc. But what do I do for ftp? I do not want them to be able to do anything except for what is in their directory, but I still want to be able to access their directory with my ftp account.

How can I do this? Thanks!

That’s not gonig to work. You don’t get a “super user” that can manage files owned by another user. What you do is login using their FTP username and password; either that or wait until ACLs are supported.

Also you need to diferentiate between WebIds and users. WebIds are used to manage your DreamHost account and plans. Users are used to access system resources, such as FTP, mail, and shell. They are not the same thing.

As for as restricting what a WebId can do, sorry I don’t have enough experience with granting privileges to other WebIds.

:cool: Perl / MySQL / HTML+CSS