Question About Control Panel

So I’ve heard DreamHost uses its own custom-built control panel.

Do they offer lower level accounts for specific domains? I do a bit of web hosting for people and I host some sites too. I’m just wondering if (kind of like a reseller) there is an account I can give them where they can log in to edit e-mail accounts, SQL databases and check stats.

Also, about these promo codes, do they apply to the setup fee?

You can create new WEBIDs (panel log-ins) and give those WEBIDs specific panel privileges, limiting what they can do in the panel. See the link below;

http://www.wiki.dreamhost.com/index.php/KB_/Account_Control_Panel/Billing::_Account_Privileges

You can also place the domains under the control of separate users. When a particular user logs in via FTP, they will be placed in their own home directory, which contains the web accessible directories for the domains that they control, they will not have access to other user’s domains.

Yes, promo-code discounts apply to setup fees. Since setup fees are only charged on monthly plans, you should be aware that the max promo-code discount allowable for monthly plans is somewhat lower than the overall max of $97, but the max allowable discount is still enough to cover the setup fee.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost hosting using promo code [color=#CC0000]SAVEMONEY[/color] ( Click for promo code details )

Thank you.

You are welcome :slight_smile:

If you have any other queries, you will find these forums a great source of information, as is the DreamHost wiki.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost hosting using promo code [color=#CC0000]SAVEMONEY[/color] ( Click for promo code details )

[quote]Also, about these promo codes, do they apply to the setup fee?

[/quote]

They apply to everything, everywhere. :slight_smile: Breakfast, lunch and dinner; planes, trains, and automobiles. You name it.

They hired more support help.
Tip me (and DreamHost gets 5%+$0.30) Cut the code: [color=#00CC00]9999[/color]=$99.99 Off