Question about $97 off

I was reading in the other thread about $97 promotion code, and I was wondering, will the $97 be subtracted off my total amount? For example, if I decided to go with pay yearly plan, the $97 would be subtracted off $119.40 for my first year?? because in the other thread, people were talking about referrals and getting $0 or something like that… or is different kinds of $97 promotion codes…I’m kind of confuse

No, actually it is a maximum commission amount that DH give you to attract new customer. Many of us give the maximum $97 off in hope of second level referer, I learnt that also from one of a posting here :slight_smile:

Supernova

PROMO CODE [color=#CC0000]SUPERNOVA[/color]=$97 OFF ON YEARLY PLAN SIGN UP NOW

Yes, you’d pay $22.40 for the first year and $119.40 a year thereafter.

Free unique IP and $67 off with code [color=#CC0000]LMIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]LM97[/color] for $97 off. Click for other Dreamhost coupons / promo codes

The cash discounts are just a one off discount off the first bill. If you look around you can also get other codes with no discount or a reduced discount that offer other features such as additional domains, increased bw or storage etc. that are permanent features that may work out better value in the long run. For example dreamhost charge $9.95pm to double the bandwidth or diskspace so getting a code that offers one of these would be worth a larger overall discount if that is what you need as this would continue for the complete length of your plan as opposed to being a one off.

My mistake I just had a look and they seem to have taken the option of double disk space/bw away from the plan. It was there when they first brought out the new ones

$97 DISCOUNT [color=#CC0000]DISCOM97[/color], Double bandwidth or disk [color=#CC0000]DISCOMX2BW[/color] or [color=#CC0000]DISCOMX2SPACE[/color] (worth $119.40 per year). More codes

Are you looking at the initial signup page? If so, I think they just moved all plan options to something you add after the fact. It was originally the case that when you added these things to the Happy Hosting plan, you had to prepay for them for the duration of your prepaid Happy Hosting plan. I think they just moved all of these options to monthly options that you sign up for later and pay for monthly.

Free unique IP and $67 off with code [color=#CC0000]LMIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]LM97[/color] for $97 off. Click for other Dreamhost coupons / promo codes

Wait a minute, now some of the options are back! (actually, I suspect that they came back sometime between the time I last looked and when you looked)

So it does look like you can get the prepayment discount on plan options. I don’t have a Happy Hosting plan so I dunno whether you can buy any of the options as monthly payments like you used to be able to with unique IP addresses.