Question #1

Am I going to have these type of problems with your service when I need tech support? I was told to visit your site today to check out your prices and possibly move to dreamhost. I liked the prices and had a few questions so I clicked on the link to ask a question and get the following error…

Content-type: text/html
Software error:

Can’t call method “prepare” on an undefined value at /usr/local/ndn/web/dreamhost4/contact.cgi line 50.

For help, please send mail to the webmaster (support@dreamhost.com), giving this error message and the time and date of the error.

So I figured, no big deal, I will use the email address provided in the email. I send a simple email ask 1 question about transfering MySql databases and I get a noreply@dreamhost.com email saying I am not a customer and I need to use the ask a question link to ask any presales questions.

Ummm, What gives?

Not impressed so far.

Roger Greene

It looks like a programming problem. We all get them :slight_smile: .

If you have any questions just ask away here and somebody will give you an answer. Or you might want to just search/read the forum for a while to see if your answers are there.

I’m no expert on MySQL but PHPMyAdmin is available as is ssh so I’m sure you could copy db/tables in.

Norm

I’m not sure why the form at http://www.dreamhost.com/contact.cgi wouldn’t work, but I believe support@dreamhost is piped into the support section of the control panel, which would explain the error you got there.

I think mail to sales at dreamhost.com will go right through if you want to try that instead of a form.

:stuck_out_tongue: Save up to $96 at Dreamhost with the 96DOLLARSOFF promo code.

You can search the forums and most likely you are not the first person to ask this question.

What plan is best for you? Compare from this list and select the best plan

Whether your mail really deliver or not but let me tell you that DreamHost staff will not transfer your databases. Even once I asked to transfer my data from my one account to another dream host account and said sorry.

Anyhow make a backup of your database -----> then upload all your data to dreamhost account -----> Create a Database -----> Update the database with your backuped datatbase through phpmyAdmin. Thats it !

Hope done.

71 US $ Promo Code = DESIWEB2578
Yes, its 71 $ Discount code.