Qasars Storage

Hi,

I am trying to setup a PHP program that allows my users to upload to a folder, however, the setup script falls over at a line in the setup that reads:

reset ($HTTP_POST_VARS);

The error I get is:

Warning: reset() [function.reset]: Passed variable is not an array or object in /home/.yellow/tech/tf/tech/setup/actions/choose_install_type.php on line 20

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in /home/.yellow/tech/tf/tech/setup/actions/choose_install_type.php on line 21

Warning: reset() [function.reset]: Passed variable is not an array or object in /home/.yellow/tech/tf/tech/setup/actions/choose_install_type.php on line 24

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in /home/.yellow/tech/tf/tech/setup/actions/choose_install_type.php on line 25

The PHP project comes from http://projects.quasars.de/storage/

Can anyone tell me where it’s going wrong, please.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Tony

I want to die in my sleep like my Grandfather. Not kicking and screaming like his passengers!

$HTTP_POST_VARS is deprecated in PHP4 and PHP5. DreamHost’s PHP5 setup has the register_long_arrays directive disabled, so you must use the newer $_POST superglobal array variable instead.

si-blog
Max discount on any plan with promocode SCJESSEYTOTAL

Thanks scjessey. I’m not a PHP guru by any means. Is it just a matter of replacing all occurrences with ‘post’, or is there more to it?

The reason I am trying to get Qasar running is that I need an controlled username/password system to allow my users to upload, based on permissions i.e. Upload to only one common folder, limit number of files per day etc. Would you know of such a program that will run on DW?

Thanks again.

Regards,
Tony

I want to die in my sleep like my Grandfather. Not kicking and screaming like his passengers!

In most cases, it should really be that simple. If you have anything else that uses $HTTP_*_VARS, particularly involving sessions, it will be a wee bit more difficult.

I am not aware of any such program, although one may certainly exist. I always hand-roll whatever I need, due to a personal dislike of third-party software in general.

si-blog
Max discount on any plan with promocode SCJESSEYTOTAL

Luddite!

(Uploading big files through php is really a problem. You really may want to find a non-php solution if files are going to be over more than a couple meg.)

Wholly - Use promo code WhollyMindless for full 97$ credit until 12/11/07.