Q: Looks like I have 2 pages on the same url

Hi, I made a page with the following permalink:mywebsite.com/faq, but when I actually view the page, it show me completely different page (I think it archive) although I ain’t see any page that carry this permalink.

In the dashboard I have “FAQ” tab where I can create new faqs. When I add faqs inside this tab, I can see it on mywebsite.com/faq on archive results and I need to enter this to view the faqs.

Do you have any Idea whats happend?
Maybe there is a way to override the wp decision and have the real page I want to be displayed when I type the permalink I set it.

my site is :rootbeet(dot)c o m

you probably have a custom-post-type called faq (this gives you the tab to create faqs)…if so, this custom-post-type automatically gets a permalink for /faq , so that is over-riding your slug for your page.

What would like to happen? I mean how would you like things to behave? There is a few possibilities that are not too difficult.

I would like the permalink /faq to be free so I can use it to any page I I want to, I have FAQ tab on my dashboard (admin control panel), to add faqs and use them later by using short-codes on pages (and maybe posts) and have them presented with the theme’s design, so either I need to change the automatic permalink it get, or at least block it from getting the permalink /faq, or maybe have the specific page to get the priority of the permalink.

How did you add the FAQ tab to your dashboard? Are you using a plugin, or did you manually add a custom-post-type in your functions.php file (or some other file in your theme…)
If you manually added the custom-post-type, then you can change the permalink in that code. Here is one example of a manually added custom-post-type for FAQ. I commented on the two places I added to change the permalink structure and slug to faqs:

add_action( 'init', 'create_post_type' );

function create_post_type() {

///start the post type
register_post_type( 'faq,
'labels' => array(
'name' => __( 'FAQ's' ),
'singular_name' => __( 'Faq' ),
'slug' =>  __( 'faqs' ),  //change the slug
'with_front'=>  __( false ),
'new_item' =>  __( 'New Faq' ),
'add_new_item'=>  __( 'Add New Faq' ),
'rewrite' => array("slug" => "faqs"), // change the permalinks format
'edit_item'=>  __( 'Edit Faq' )
'public' => true,
'has_archive' => true,
'supports' => array('title','editor','thumbnail','excerpt')
//end this post type

the above code will create a custom-post-type called faq that has a permalink of yourdomain.com/faqs

It was built in as part of my bazar theme. I changed the permalink of the FAQ page from /faq to /faqs and now I can view the page. I still don’t know what part of my website is taking over the permalink /faw. I think is the faq tab (on the right pane within the dashboar) that “keeps” the /faq page to itself.

I cannot tell you exactly where it is in your themes files, but somewhere there is a custom-post-type for faq. The code will be similar to what I posted above.

If you can find it you can modify it a little to have a different permalink.

One thing to remember if you do modify that: make sure to visit your “Permalinks” settings page twice to refresh all permalinks…