Putty command-line parameters?

apps

Good evening.

I can’t find any information about Putty command-line parameters. I am using Putty for SSH tunneling, so I would like to automatically launch Putty when I log on to Windows, and specify a session file on the command line.

Is this possible? For extra credit, I would like to find a way to automatically pass my Dreamhost shell password to the SSH session (although I would probably choose not to do this for security reasons.)

Thanks
-Mark

Don’t know about the autostarting with windows but you can use http://wiki.dreamhost.com/SSH#Windows_PuTTY for passwordless login. Basically creates a secure connection and authenticates via an ssh key file you have on your PC. Probably actually more secure than a simple password as you can also put a passphrase in the key file if you want.

$97 DISCOUNT with [color=#CC0000]DISCOM97[/color]
More codes

I’ve always wanted the opportunity to try creating a Putty SSH Tunnel as a Windows Service. I haven’t found a good excuse for it yet, though!

Free unique IP and $67 off with promo code [color=#CC0000]FLENSFREEIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]FLENS97[/color] for $97 off. Click here for more options

Cool! Thank you. I’ll give it a try.

Ok, I absolutely must have an SSH tunnel running as an XP service. I won’t eat or sleep until I have this.

If you already solve this, can you make a wiki article on this? Maybe someone else will need it. :slight_smile:

T-T-L
$77 off plus 1 Additional Free Domain For Hosting Lifetime with [color=#CC0000]77PLUS1DOMAIN[/color] promo code :cool: . See Detail Here

I’m not quite sure what this has to do with DreamHost web hosting. It’s really more of a client-side thing and mostly has to do with tunneling through firewalls and such. I think the article I originally linked to covers it well and it’s really just a matter of doing what the original author did.

Besides, the idea comes originally from Joe’s blog. If you like the idea and benefit from it, I think you should link to his content rather than ripping it off and putting it in the DreamHost wiki.

Free unique IP and $67 off with promo code [color=#CC0000]FLENSFREEIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]FLENS97[/color] for $97 off. Click here for more options

I see, I just get benefited from it so I thought it will be good if it is also published in the wiki. Btw, I got your idea and accepted it. :slight_smile:

Thanks Lesman !

T-T-L
$77 off plus 1 Additional Free Domain For Hosting Lifetime with [color=#CC0000]77PLUS1DOMAIN[/color] promo code :cool: . See Detail Here

I think the content would be great for the wiki. Of course you should never copy and past info from an other website, but if you want to make notes about how you set things up, and how that worked with DH that would be great. People don’t generally think to search before asking questions, so the easier to find the info the better.

As to who really came up with the idea first, I think you’d have to credit Micro$oft for that one, buy coming up with the system to make it possible - who ever came up with the idea just applied putty to the existing framework.

–Matttail
art.googlies.net - personal website