Proxy website?

Would it be possible to host a proxy site? Would Dreamhost allow this?

What I mean by proxy site is something like http://hidemyass.com/.

Been a customer with you for a little while now, idea just popped into my head. But I just wanted to check with you before I go ahead.

No its not allowed to host proxy site on DreamHost. This was discussed before. See this article

MAXDH=[color=#CC0000]$97 off[/color]
[color=#00CC00]DB5=150%disk & bw $7
D82=2 domain $82, 6D7=7 domain $7
UIP67=1 IP $67
2xDS=200%disk $7 off[/color]

Any ideas to why?

Thanks for the reply btw :slight_smile:

You got your answer on my edited post. And you’re welcome.

MAXDH=[color=#CC0000]$97 off[/color]
[color=#00CC00]DB5=150%disk & bw+$7
D82=2 domain+$82, 6D7=7 domain+$7
UIP67=1 IP+$67
2xDS=200%disk+$7 off[/color]

To be honest, I don’t think the straight “no” answer is really appropriate; I once asked a DH developer whether I could install a proxy for my own use. His response was “yes, just put an .htaccess password on it.” DH doesn’t care if you run a proxy through your site for yourself; they just don’t want you offering the service to others.

emufarmers.com
Very little to do with either emus or farmers!

Right–there was another thread about this recently.

I think Tor quoted a part of the TOS that actually prohibits resource hogs, then uses proxy sites as an example–since they’re usually very busy.

:stuck_out_tongue: Save up to $96 at Dreamhost with ALMOST97 promo code (I get $1).
Or save $97 with THEFULL97.

Ok,there’s atleast one solution that don’t violate TOS…Thats good.

Promo codes: [color=#CC0000]MAXDH=$97 off[/color],[color=#00CC00]DB5=150% disk&bw $7, D82=2domain $82, 6D7=7domain $7, UIP67=1 IP $67, 2xDS=200%disk $7[/color]

No probs. Was thinking about doing it for some revenue, proxy sites get used alot as stated.

“Ok,there’s atleast one solution that don’t violate TOS…Thats good.”

Whats that? :stuck_out_tongue:

I have no idea of how much money they generate, but if it’s something you’ve looked into and think it will work, it might be worth investing in a dedicated server for it.

:stuck_out_tongue: Save up to $96 at Dreamhost with ALMOST97 promo code (I get $1).
Or save $97 with THEFULL97.

Letun was talking about this from emufarmers:

Unfortunately, while a “solution” for him, it doesn’t seem to help you much, if you were looking to make a proxy site publicly available. :frowning:

–rlparker

That’s good. Some government do block many sites and if there can be a personal proxy, it can help to view those blocked sites.

PromoCode
FULL_97_OFF <-CLICK = host 1 yr for $22.4
[color=#CC0000]LIFE_IP_67_OFF
2_DOMS_67_OFF
3_DOMS_52_OFF[/color]