Proxy avoidance tool?

apps

Is there any tool I can install on my dreamhost account to avoid my job websense filter. I should be something like what is installed at https://www.proxify.com/

Not that I’m aware of.
And proxies, as far as I’m aware, are not really permitted at DreamHost anyways.

DreamHost TOS

[quote]
7. The customer agrees to make use of DreamHost Web Hosting servers primarily for the purpose of hosting a website, and associated email functions. Servers are shared with other customers, and as such IRC-related activities or severely CPU intensive CGI scripts (e.g. chat scripts, proxy scripts, scripts which have bugs causing them to not close properly after being run) are not encouraged. Any application that listens for inbound network connections (even if the application would otherwise be allowed) are not permitted. BitTorrent clients, IRC bots and bouncers (BNC) specifically may not be run on any DreamHost Web Hosting server. If your processes are adversely affecting server performance disproportionately DreamHost Web Hosting reserves the right to negotiate additional charges with the Customer and/or the discontinuation of the offending processes.[/quote]

I’ll continue my search.

I can pay more if needed.

“DreamHost Web Hosting reserves the right to negotiate additional charges”

[quote]severely CPU intensive CGI scripts (e.g. chat scripts, proxy scripts, scripts which have bugs causing them to not close properly after being run) are not encouraged.

[/quote]

Not encouraged != not allowed.

Lightly used, cgiproxy works here. Don’t know if it avoids your job webnonsense filter, but you could give it a try, for little or no cost for 97 days… Don’t blame me if that violates your job TOS though. :cool:

http://www.jmarshall.com/tools/cgiproxy/

tor.eff.org
Promos: MaxTOR: Save [color=#CC0000]Maximum[/color] TOR: Save Maximum and [color=#00CC00]give $1 to TOR[/color]

I never said “not allowed” so I’m not really sure who you’re quoting there. From what I’ve read and understood, they highly discourage the use of proxies. Though, assuming it’s just him using it, they probably wouldn’t have any major issues with it.

My mistake. Correction:

not encouraged != “not really permitted”

:wink:

tor.eff.org
Promos: MaxTOR: Save [color=#CC0000]Maximum[/color] TOR: Save Maximum and [color=#00CC00]give $1 to TOR[/color]