Promo Code

Well I am currently registered but am concerned about next year.
I do not want to pay $120 for my web host when I originally paid $27 is there anyway you can lower that price?
I know that you can not use promo codes on your second year of hosting.

create promo codes… each person you refer to Dreamhost can earn you up to $97

Get $50 Off all hosting packages with promo code: MADD50 (Sign Up Here)

So it is a pyramid scheme?

unfortunately, you can’t use promo code when you renew your plan and the original price should be $120.

there are few ways to help your bill. One is as Madd mentioned that you can create promo codes and get referrals. The other is to ask ppl to donate to your site. The donation will go to your bill. You may want to check DH panel --> Home --> Donations

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on dreamhost hosting plans using promo code [color=#CC0000]50MONEY[/color] Sign Up NOW

From elsewhere I had read that Dreamhost is quite firm on not offering discount for the first renewal after the large promocode discount. This is also how they can earn some money. If they charge everyone 22.4 (the best promocode for now) for every year, how can they support the company to run?

For me, I choose a lifetime IP and registered for 2 years.

PromoCode [color=#CC0000]FULL_97_OFF <-click prefilled[/color] = host 1 yr for $22.4 ; [color=#CC0000]LIFE_IP_67_OFF[/color] = 2 yrs + IP for $123.8

You can refer to DH’s website for more info. http://www.dreamhost.com/hosting-rewards.html

It is a pyramid scheme but there are only two levels. You can get max $97 from your direct referrals and $5 from your sub-referrals.

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on dreamhost hosting plans using promo code [color=#CC0000]50MONEY[/color] Sign Up NOW

What is a lifetime IP and how would that help? Could you explain that?

Is it that same as a domain (sorta)?

Can you explain what a sub and direct referal is?

Promo Code: twodayslateMAX - Get the max discount on any DreamHost plan, up to $97 dollars!

As you can see when you create the promocode that you can reduce the discount for some other stuff.

Lifetime IP is you just need to reduce US$30 for a unique IP as long as you host in Dreamhost. It is need for build up SSL (https) site or if you want to play with it. Extra lifetime domain for US$15 is also good choice if you want to host multi domains as it add extra free domains registration as long as you host with Dreamhost. These reduce the long term payment.

However, if you are only doing some simple hosting, you may well change to other domain for the join discount after 1 year of hosting here.

PromoCode [color=#CC0000]FULL_97_OFF <-click prefilled[/color] = host 1 yr for $22.4 ; [color=#CC0000]LIFE_IP_67_OFF[/color] = 2 yrs + IP for $123.8

It’s actually more of a multi-level marketing scheme.

Free unique IP and $67 off with promo code [color=#CC0000]FLENSFREEIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]FLENS97[/color] for $97 off. Click here for more options

So lets say that you can not afford the $120, is it easy to transfer?

What is the difference between sub and direct referrals?

Promo Code: twodayslateMAX - Get the max discount on any DreamHost plan, up to $97 dollars!
Click here to sign up!

First of all, you have to decide whether you like the hosting services here and whether they are worth $96-$120 a year to you. If you think you can get a better deal for the services offered somewhere else, you should go there. If you think DreamHost is providing a good value at that price, you should stay.

Under no circumstances can I recommend trying to get around the intent of the DreamHost promotional offers by trying to benefit from the introductory offer multiple years in a row. That’s trying to cheat DreamHost and that’s not ethical.

Now let’s talk about trying to monetize your site(s). Do you have one or more sites? Do they make money through paid goods or services or are they free content sites? Are they for personal or family use or do they provide a free service or content for the public?

Free unique IP and $67 off with promo code [color=#CC0000]FLENSFREEIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]FLENS97[/color] for $97 off. Click here for more options

I currently have one site but am probably going to have two soon.

My current one is a personal but my future on will be a professional one (selling templates?).

Not planning on making over $100 in the this year through e commerce. Maybe next year though.

Click here to sign up!

Are you asking whether it’s easy to move your site to another hosting provider? If so, it depends on what kind of content you have. Are you running a web application or just hosting static content?

Direct referrals are people who sign up using your promo code (or through your referral link or naming you as the referring email address). Sub-referrals are referrals of your referrals - they are your secondary referrals aka tier-2 referrals. Note that you don’t get any payments for tertiary (tier-3) referrals.

Why not just switch to monthly payments?

:stuck_out_tongue: Save up to $96 at Dreamhost with ALMOST97 promo code (I get $1).
Or save $97 with THEFULL97.

[quote]I currently have one site but am probably going to have two soon.

My current one is a personal but my future on will be a professional one (selling templates?). [/quote]
How much traffic do you get on your personal site?

No that much, bought the domain about Christmas time and have not “officially” opened my site.

Click here to sign up!

Seriously! $120 a year is $10 a month - 4 cups of Starbucks coffee, 2.75 gallons of gasoline in California, two trips to McDonalds for a cheap lunch, one movie ticket, etc…

–rlparker

Well, I do not drink coffee, can’t drive, my parents pay for my food and I go to about 5 movies a year. Big dent in my budget! The most expensive thing I bought was my computer, $800 $200 video card.

Click here to sign up!

I understand. How old are you? Do you have any web development skills? Maybe build a website for a local small business for a couple of hundred dollars? What options do you have for making money - maybe I can help. :slight_smile:

–rlparker

I consider myself good at web design. See my latest work at twodayslate.com/test/test.php It is still in development and I do not code for IE6.
I am going to be working a lot this summer but most of my money goes towards school a car(?) and paintball.

Click here to sign up!