Promo code

I just ordered the 2 year plan for “Crazy Domain Insane” about an hour ago, and I was browsing these discussion forums and noticed that there is a promo code (PRICESLASH) for saving $50. Is it possible to use that promo code even though my account has already been created and my credit card billed? I don’t see anything on the panel site for entering promo codes, but I thought I’d ask here just in case.

thanks!

I guess I should answer this, as that is my promo-code. :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, I don’t think you can apply a promo-code after purchasing, it must be specified during the sign-up process. You could always contact DreamHost sales via the support section of the panel and enquire, but I think they will tell you the same thing.

It is unfortunate that you missed out on a promo-code discount, but in my opinion the DreamHost plans are great value, even at the full price.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost plans using [color=#CC0000]PRICESLASH[/color] promo code (Click for DreamHost promo code details)

You can’t use a promo code after you signed up a plan. It is only available for new users.

I asked DH support before but the answer is no :frowning:

If you want to use the promo code, you have to close the current one and sign up a new one as what I did before.

Enjoy :slight_smile:

Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] (max discount) on dreamhost plans by using promo code: [color=#CC0000]97CRAZY[/color].

I would not advise doing this, as you will invariably run into the ‘credit-card already in system’ error. Also, you may have problems using the same domain(s) under the new account.

Edit: Here is a quote from Michael (one of the DreamHost honchos) on the subject;

[color=#0000CC]“promo codes are for brand new customers only. The panel will not allow you add a domain that has ever been in our system to a promo code or referral account. promo codes are intended to take away any risk in trying out our service. The system is not sustainable if people abuse it.”[/color]

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost plans using [color=#CC0000]PRICESLASH[/color] promo code (Click for DreamHost promo code details)

i did not use credit card to make payment when i signed up the second time. i used paypal :stuck_out_tongue:

Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] (max discount) on dreamhost plans by using promo code: [color=#CC0000]97CRAZY[/color].

well, unfortunately I would like to keep the domain name that I registered

and i could have saved $97 :frowning:

I sure hope you didn’t sign-up a second time to avoid paying the full rate for the second year, that would make you one of the people who ‘abuse the system’. :stuck_out_tongue:

Mark

no, i did not cancel my plan
as i said, i want to keep the domain name that i registered, and it sounds like i wouldn’t be able to re-register the domain name if i canceled, then re-registered

yep. i did not use the promo code as dranreb. And i closed the account and signed up a new one with the promo code.

I don’t think I did anything wrong. I think I just did not read enough posts in the forum before I signed up.

Sorry if it wasn’t obvious, but I was replying to Nathan’s post, not yours.

Unfortunately, that appears to be the case.

However, you still have the option of contacting DreamHost via the support section of the panel and telling them you meant to use a promo-code, they may (or may not) be sympathetic.

If you do decide to go this route, I would suggest trying the 9999 promo-code, which I believe is active this week-end, this code is DreamHost’s own anniversary code and provides a $99.99 discount.

Mark

you are right. DH will not cancel the domain name if you close your account. And you also cannot transfer the domain name among promotion accounts.

You can check with DH support. Since you did not use promo code for your first account (your first account is not promotion account), you should be able to transfer the domain to your new account.

I did that too, but after my fun at other hosting companies, these guys are worth the $. It’s so nice to not worry about space or bandwidth.

Wholly