Promo code

Hi all.

I’ve read about promo codes when you sign up and even found codes where you get $97 off on all plans! (I want a level 1 plan for 2 years). How do you know if a promo code is still valid? Because I’ve also read that some aren’t valid anymore.

Thanks.

PS: How does this work? Does Dreamhost make any money on these deals? Do the referals make any money on this deal?

If you enter a promo code, and the system finds it is invalid, it will tell you.

When I refer a new customer to DreamHost, the company will pay me $97 as a reward for finding the new customer; however, I can choose to “give away” some or all of that $97 to the customer if I wish. DreamHost doesn’t get any more or less from the deal.

So if you use my promo code, all the money I would have made is passed on to you, and I make nothing at all. However, if you subsequently refer somebody to DreamHost, I will get a $5 “secondary referral” fee. It isn’t as nice as getting $97, but it is better than nothing.

Simon Jessey | Keystone Websites
Save $97 on yearly plans with promo code [color=#CC0000]SCJESSEY97[/color]

Also the max discount that can be given for monthly plans is less than the full $97, referrers can pick up some cash here too :slight_smile:

Pay just [color=#CC0000]$22.40[/color] for 1 year Dreamhost hosting, use promo-code [color=#CC0000]MOJO97[/color]
Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] on all 1 and 2 year plans!! (Max saving on monthly plans too!!)

more $97.00 off codes (maximum discounts)

MAX123

SUMMER

LUSENTME

They don’t expire, but you can de-activate them if you wish. I guess if someone broke the TOS and gets banned by DH, that could also make them invalid.

:stuck_out_tongue: Save up to $96 at Dreamhost with 96DOLLARSOFF promo code (I get $1).
Or save $97 with TAKESEILERSCASH.

Many thanks all.

Are these for 2 years also? (on top of the Crazy Domain Insane for $7.95 p/m)

Promo codes can give different discounts for different plans and rates, so you can get different discounts depending on the which rebill rate you choose. Most likely though, if a code offers a $97 discount for the yearly plan, it’ll offer a $97 discount for the 2-year plan as well.

Save $97 on all yearly plans with the promo code [color=#CC0000]DREAMZAP[/color]

I make mine so the full amount can be applied to any plan, max on 1 & 2 year payments. The only time it’s less than the full amount would be on monthly plans, which are capped by Dreamhost at $50, $60 and $80 for L1, L2 and L3.

Edited to add: This just applies to mine. Technically, someone could max one discount, give you less on some plans and nothing on others. It’s just important to pay attention when you sign up to make sure you’re saving the amount you think.

:stuck_out_tongue: Save up to $96 at Dreamhost with 96DOLLARSOFF promo code (I get $1).
Or save $97 with TAKESEILERSCASH.

Normally yes, most promo codes that offer a $97 discount for yearly plans will also offer $97 for two yearly plans, but this is totally up to the user who creates the promo code.

If you are unsure about a promo code, just try it during the signup. You will be shown the discount before you commit any funds, if it isnt what you thought is was, just go back and use another promo code :slight_smile:

Pay just [color=#CC0000]$22.40[/color] for 1 year Dreamhost hosting, use promo-code [color=#CC0000]MOJO97[/color]
Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] on all 1 and 2 year plans!! (Max saving on monthly plans too!!)

Thanks all.

I’m a bit slow at times…

Mojo already answered this, but I thought I’d add that $97 is currently the max you can get off from the referral deal whether you sign up for one year or for two years. The difference is that you also save $24 for going with the two year plan (as compared to doing the one year plan twice).

Check out Gordaen’s Knowledge, the blog, and the MR2 page.

One more max promo code…

Use promo code US97OFF to get maximum discounts!
Use o código de promoção US97OFF para descontos de até US97!

People posting promo codes get money when you use them. That’s great. I could be doing the same thing, but dreamhost support sucks so much that I could no longer refer anyone to their slow painful death. Someone please PM me with a promo code for a better host.

I have read through your support history. Everyone has been very patient and helpful. Why don’t you explain here what it is you are trying to do, and you can use both this resource and support to help you get everything set up exactly the way you want.

Thank you very much for your recent inquiry!

This note is to let you know that we have received your message and will be replying to it within 24 hours.

It is okay to send email to this address for support inquiries. We prefer you use email only for replies to messages from us about ongoing support cases. If you want to open a new case, we ask that you use the form at https://panel.dreamhost.com/?tab=support&subtab=msg so that we can better automatically tie your message to your account with us!

Thanks again for contacting DreamHost, and we’ll be attempting to do our best to resolve your issue in the most timely and professional manner we can!

It’s disappointing to me anytime a customer becomes unhappy. That is one reason that I take the time to read these boards and offer a helping hand to anyone that has become frustrated. But, if you only complain on the boards and dismiss any offer to actually help you, it becomes clear to everyone that you are not very cooperative. And they realize that your approach to people will inhibit your ability to get support or help from any company or person.

The first step in reducing spam is to remove any catch-alls that you have. I see that you have 4 of them.

Before I go ahead and add then customize dozens of new addresses to replace all the catch-alls i’ve been using, I’ve been trying one domain at a time to see if your spam filter actually works. Based on dozens of hours of testing the only conclusion is that dreamhost spam filtering does not work. Several of your support people can attest to that. Even after I reconfigure everything, your system still will not work. If I’m going to all that trouble I need to be sure the system will work in the end. As a honcho, I’d hope your focus would be helping to resolve the last 35 support requsts I’ve sent on this topic, over the past 6 weeks, rather than putting more burdon on a faithful customer and former dreamhost praiser. Currently I’m too busy looking for a new host than to rehash this one more time. Since you know your way around, you have my permission to post the issues I’ve been having in the appropriate discussion forum. I look forward to your solution.

Even without a spam filter enabled, I’d suspect removing the catchalls would give you a nice drop in spam. I haven’t played around with DH’s anti-spam setup, but I’ve used spam assassin before with good success. Best of luck getting this problem solved.

Check out Gordaen’s Knowledge, the blog, and the MR2 page.

To be fair to DreamHost, they do have this to say about catch-alls when you are creating a new email address;

[color=#0000CC]Use “catch-all” to catch any address not already set up… discouraged - you will get lots of spam![/color]

It does seem a little unfair to blame them, when you follow a practice they discourage and get the results they warn you about. :slight_smile:

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost hosting using promo code [color=#CC0000]SAVEMONEY[/color] ( Click for promo code details )

I had catch-alls set up years before they started to discourage them. It’s unfair for them to implement a system that forces the customer to spend dozens of hours reconfiguring accounts that were previously setup. Plus their implementation of SpamAssassin has several fatal flaws, even if I do spend the time.