Promo code question

hey, I been with dreamhost a couple months and never knew this forum was here :wink:

I have a quick question, how many promo code can we create? I have a few active now and want to know if there is a limit. thanks

For instant $97 Dreamhost discount use [color=#CC0000]NINJA97[/color] promo code - Click to sign up now!

As far as I am aware, there is no limit on the number of promo-codes that customers can create. Of-course, there will be a physical limit somewhere, but I would imagine most customers will never run into it.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost plans using [color=#CC0000]PRICESLASH[/color] promo code (Click for DreamHost promo code details)

sweet! thanks for info. I wanted to know for sure that making new promo codes would not delete my first ones :wink:

For instant $97 Dreamhost discount use [color=#CC0000]NINJA97[/color] promo code - Click to sign up now!

You are welcome. :slight_smile:

I’ve never heard of that happening. Although, a friend of mine did have one of his promo-codes ‘change itself’ to $0 discount for all plans, probably due to a database error of some kind. I don’t even think you can intentionally create a promo-code with $0 discount for all plan types. :s

One thing to keep in mind, you can activate and de-activate promo-codes, but you can not actually delete them.

Good luck.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost plans using [color=#CC0000]PRICESLASH[/color] promo code (Click for DreamHost promo code details)

thanks I aready know that, it is why I am worried about a limit.

Well, as I said above, there is no limit that I am aware of. Unless you intend to create hundreds of promo-codes, and I can see no reason for doing that, you should be fine. :slight_smile:

Mark

Why not? I have a promocode of -100$, it means that you must give me 100$
:slight_smile:

Cupons:[color=#0000CC]MAO_HALFPRICE[/color] : pay only half of the price (L1 plans only) MAO97 get 97$ back

hehe, that is almost believable, in this age of decreasing disk/bandwidth quotas :wink:

Mark

why would you create many codes ?

Get [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] Off with promo code :[color=#CC0000]97USA[/color] :cool: -->choose your plan (promo code included)

Maybe the original poster is one of them “promo-code squatters” :stuck_out_tongue:

Mark

agree with you. I don’t see any reason why we need so many promo codes. One more thing is that we can’t delete promo code. We can only de-activate promo code.

Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] (max discount) on dreamhost plans by using promo code: [color=#CC0000]97CRAZY[/color]. Sign Up NOW

I want my name back!!!

Wholly - IS NOT MY PROMO CODE. Even worse, I don’t get any credit for it. Use WhollyMindless for full credit. I’m really disappointed in someone.

Do these promo codes only work when you buy a plan or do they continue to work when you renew?

Promo-codes are only valid for your initial purchase, when your plan comes up for renewal you will need to pay the full plan price if you wish to stay with DreamHost.

Think of promo-codes as a cheap way to try DreamHost out. I personally have no problem with paying the full plan price each year, in my opinion, the service is more than worth it.

Mark

as mark said, the promo code is only available when new customer signs up an account. You cannot use promo code to renew your plan.

most of the people will stay in DH because of the huge space and bandwidth. It keeps growing :stuck_out_tongue:

Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] (max discount) on dreamhost plans by using promo code: [color=#CC0000]97CRAZY[/color]. Sign Up NOW