Promo code question?

I am considering moving my hosting to dreamhost but I have a question before I buy. I have a promo code from a friend that gives me a discount on the price, if I use the code what happens when my hosting is up for renewal? do I get the discount again or do I have to pay the full cost?

The promo code only provides a discount on your initial purchase, when your plan is due for renewal you will need to pay the full plan cost if you intend to stay with DreamHost.

However, I think you’ll agree that, even at the full price, DreamHost offers exceptional value for money. :slight_smile:

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost hosting using promo code [color=#CC0000]SAVEMONEY[/color] ( Click for promo code details )

The promo code system is designed to attract new customers, which is why it is only applicable to the first payment.

Simon Jessey | Keystone Websites
Save $97 on yearly plans with promo code [color=#CC0000]SCJESSEY97[/color]

To maximise your value you could buy a 2 year plan, that way you get the lower monthly cost for pre paying 2 years and whatever discount your promo code offers.

Pay just [color=#CC0000]$22.40[/color] for 1 year Dreamhost hosting, use promo-code [color=#CC0000]MOJO97[/color]
Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] on all 1 and 2 year plans!! (Max saving on monthly plans too!!)

Hi, guys! :slight_smile:

I’ve been looking for DreamHost some time now…

I like the features, the price and the it looks like a lot of people are happy with this host…

About the promo codes, now I have a stupid question to ask in my turn:

I am registered and now have a Dreamhost login name, but still I didn’t pay for any plan… I just wanted to look around first:)

I have also created for testing puspose a promo code.

NOW, I know it may sound stupid, but if anyone knows anything about it, please reply:

MAY I USE my OWN promo code and GET DISCOUNT from MYSELF when I make a first payment?

:)))

What will happen in this case?

I mean, what’s the difference? If I use my code, I will pay less (apparently).
If I use someone else’s code, I will pay less, too (and this “someone” will be my referrer and next time I pay, he’ll get a bonus - which will not happen if I use my code).

Did someone something like this in the past?

Just curious… :slight_smile:

I am afraid not. The fine print on the DreamHost rewards page specifically forbids this.

[color=#0000CC]“Customers also cannot refer themselves or their spouse/civil union partner. No exceptions will be made.”[/color]

http://www.dreamhost.com/rewardsmoreinfo.html

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost hosting using promo code [color=#CC0000]SAVEMONEY[/color] ( Click for promo code details )

Thanks! :slight_smile:

This answers perfectly my question…

I guess, I just didn’t see the fine print :wink:

Have a good day:)

…Now in a search of someone else’s nice promo code:)

That shouldn’t be too hard LOL.

Simon Jessey | Keystone Websites
Save $97 on yearly plans with promo code [color=#CC0000]SCJESSEY97[/color]

Yeah, LOL, I’ve been thinking about SCJESSEY97 :-)))

Does anyone know why using a Credit Card is the only method of payment when using a Promo Code?

One of the reasons I wanted to buy hosting with Dreamhost was because I heard they accept Paypal.

Unfortunately, I do not have a credit card. (And on account of my having no credit history a recent application I made for one was denied.)

This wasn’t always the case, not long ago you could use a promo code and Paypal. I have no idea why Dreamhost changed this, but you could always contact them and ask.

Pay just [color=#CC0000]$22.40[/color] for 1 year Dreamhost hosting, use promo-code [color=#CC0000]MOJO97[/color]
Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] on all 1 and 2 year plans!! (Max saving on monthly plans too!!)

May I ask what the point is in having a discount code giving $97 off? Doesn’t that reduce your commission to $0?

Yes, for 1 year or 2 year pre-paid plans. However, DreamHost limit the max promo-code discount on monthly plans to something less than $97, so any referrals choosing a monthly plan will still result in a rewards payment.

Also, any secondary referrals will result in a $5 rewards payment.

Mark