Promo code input problem

So I decided to register today since the deal for $9.24 and I had heard such good things about dream host. So I went to sign up but there was never a promo code box and according to my account I’m going to get charged $9.95 plus full year. I though it was odd so I even went back pages but there was no promo code box. I am using Firefox 3.6.3. SO can I can get the discount like I wanted now that I am registered or do I need to cancel?

I am wondering this too. I signed up but was only taken to the free trial page. I entered all my information but saw nowhere to enter the promo code.

Now, looking at my billing information. It looks like Dream Host is going to start charging me when the trial ends.

Will the promo code still be honored? Or should I cancel? And what happens to my domain name if I should cancel?

I’ll suggest you to check with DH support via DH panel --> Support --> Contact Support.

I just got to know that promo code may not be available for some regions.

Here is what they have told me so far and what I have told them so far. I am in the US and I do believe DH is based in CA, USA so I should also not be restricted by my region.

[quote]If I can not get the promotional discount for the memorial day promo code 777 then I should get a full refund. I did not know that I even went through a another customers promo, and I was never told that I could not apply the promo code 777. So that is unfair because no where on the promo page for memorial day did it say that any thing like this could happen. Had it said “Be careful because if you use the wrong link you get a charged an extra $60” I would have made sure to enter the site thorough the front of the site. But it did NOT state that and I did not realize I had followed a promo link.

Previous message

Hello,

I took a look at your account and it seems you clicked through to our
site through another customer’s promo code/referral link. So, you were
set up with a $50 discount provided by that promo code. This is why you
did not see a place to enter a new promo. code. I am sorry but I will
not be able to remove one promotion to add another.

To confirm, the one year hosting fee is $119.40. The promo. code used
discounts that by $50. You’ve already paid $9.95 for your domain
registration but the registration fee will be set to $0.00 at the end of
your two week trial and the payment wll then be applied to your hosting.
That will leave $59.45 due.

Please let me know if you have any questions or need anything else!

On Mon, 31 May 2010, you wrote:

So I decided to register today since the deal for $9.24 and I had heard such
good things about dream host. So I went to sign up but there was never a
promo code box and according to my account I’m going to get charged $9.95
plus full year. I though it was odd so I even went back pages but there was
no promo code box. So I took a screen shot of each of the pages to show you
all(see the attachment). I am using Firefox 3.6.3. SO can I can get the
discount like I wanted now that I am registered or do I need to cancel?

Also that add premium support box is unselectable so it shouldn’t add it.
Kind of annoying since it is stuck on a service when you can’t select it. :confused:

Thanks!
Steven D[/quote]

In short they said I am out of luck on a full refund since the domain was registered. I still think this is wrong because if it had properly stated that I had to go the front on the site I would have and I wanted to pay $9.27 not for a domain but $9.27 for both domain and package. I feel extremely cheated.