Promo Code Change => $50 max

That’s why when I signed up I didn’t use a promo code.

Too many friends to reward.

(OK, I was stupid and didn’t read enough to know how it worked).

The extras really make it hard to have a good general purpose code. It all comes out of the $97 so value wise everyone was pretty even.

Wholly - Use promo code WhollyMindless for full 97$ credit until 12/11/07.

Since my existing code has ‘97’ in it, I thought I will create a new one which will be having ‘50’. So I clicked on the button to create a new code, gave it a name and description and pressed ‘Create this promo code now’ button. Then I get a warning in red saying:

“Without any discounts or bonuses, it’s not much of a promo code, is it?!”

But if I give bonuses, I will be losing money, not actually gaining which is the whole point of a promo code!?

I don’t get it.

PHP scripts installation tutorials | My Blog

[quote]Since my existing code has ‘97’ in it, I thought I will create a new one which will be having ‘50’. So I clicked on the button to create a new code, gave it a name and description and pressed ‘Create this promo code now’ button. Then I get a warning in red saying:

“Without any discounts or bonuses, it’s not much of a promo code, is it?!”[/quote]
It sounds to me like you forgot to either give free features or any cash discounts. With a code with “50” in its name, you should have put in $50 for every different plan type, right?

[/quote]But if I give bonuses, I will be losing money, not actually gaining which is the whole point of a promo code!?[/quote]
There’s no losing money with promo codes. Everyone still gets $97 of referral money to split between promo codes features and discounts and your referral fee.

3 extra lifetime domains and $52 off with code [color=#CC0000]3DOM52[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]LM97[/color] for $97 off. More Dreamhost coupons

Thanks Lensman.

After posting, I looked at some other posts here and I understand now.

I’ve updated my blog post on how DreamHost coupons work. To anyone interested, here’s the link.

Regards,
Sridhar.

PHP scripts installation tutorials | My Blog