Procmail, Spamassassin, and Paths

Hey All,

Ok, I trudged my way through setting up my own install of Spamassassin. In doing this I set up a custom user to host the spamassassin install and decided I would just reference the full pathname as one suggested in the procmail scripts so that multiple users could share the same install.

This is all setup, but procmail is failing as when it is running it can not find the spamassassin files. This seems to be getting caused by the fact that the procmail script is running on the mailserver via a mounted path to the user specific account and not on my server (snapple) so when it checks the pathname it does not exist. I can of course from the command line use the full pathname and reach spamassassin from any of the user accounts. Here is the excerpts from the procmail log.

procmail: [6235] Tue Nov 28 12:07:04 2006
procmail: Assigning "LASTFOLDER=/mnt/cleaver/vol/boot/spacey/marcella/doug/Maildir/new/1164744424.6235_0.spaceymail-mx1"
procmail: Notified comsat: "doug@0:/mnt/cleaver/vol/boot/spacey/marcella/doug/Maildir/new/1164744424.6235_0.spaceymail-mx1"
From doug@kenohki.com Tue Nov 28 12:07:03 2006
Subject: This is Test #10
Folder: /mnt/cleaver/vol/boot/spacey/marcella/doug/Maildir/new/11647 6460
procmail: [19056] Tue Nov 28 12:11:17 2006
procmail: Executing “/home/spamassassin/sausr/bin/spamassassin”
/home/spamassassin/sausr/bin/spamassassin: /home/spamassassin/sausr/bin/spamassassin: No such file or directory
procmail: Error while writing to "/home/spamassassin/sausr/bin/spamassassin"
procmail: Rescue of unfiltered data succeeded
procmail: No match on “^X-Spam-Status: Yes”

As you can see the problem seems to come into play as the home path has changed for when procmail is running from /home/spamassassin to /mnt/cleaver/vol/boot/spacey/marcella/spamassassin which will work if I put that longer explicit pathname into the scripts. Only problem tho is I need to make that path change in the SA includes statements as well as the procmail scripts. And while in the end this will work, the mention of marcella in the pathname means I am referencing the dataglob that I am a part of and should that ever change I would then have to make changes to the SA includes agan as well as every procmail file for every user I have. This would be a problem. Has anyone else run into this problem and found a good solution to the problem?

Doug